Algarve Freight

GrahamM376

Visit site
Anyone know what's happening with Algarve Freight? I phoned them in UK a week or so ago to book a delivery to their Almancil depot and was told as they now have more than one delivery point to mark it collection at Almancil.

Next thing, I got a UK phone call to say the parcel will be in Portugal this week and how was I paying? Replied - cash on collection a usual. Now had an email asking for payment which made me suspicious. Looked up the web site to find no Portuguese contact number or email address and the UK phone number goes to a private name messaging.

I'm in Lisbon for the next couple of weeks so phoned a mate in Bruce's to see if any info and he says that following owners divorce they've gone bust! I'll obviously continue to try and contact them but suggest anyone thinking of using them should be careful.

lusitano

Visit site
Anyone know what's happening with Algarve Freight? I phoned them in UK a week or so ago to book a delivery to their Almancil depot and was told as they now have more than one delivery point to mark it collection at Almancil.

Next thing, I got a UK phone call to say the parcel will be in Portugal this week and how was I paying? Replied - cash on collection a usual. Now had an email asking for payment which made me suspicious. Looked up the web site to find no Portuguese contact number or email address and the UK phone number goes to a private name messaging.

I'm in Lisbon for the next couple of weeks so phoned a mate in Bruce's to see if any info and he says that following owners divorce they've gone bust! I'll obviously continue to try and contact them but suggest anyone thinking of using them should be careful.

Depot in Almancil has been closed for a while now.
Ex-Husband (Rob Francis) who started up - "Algarve Express" in Loule/Basildon, will be moving his company back to the former Algarve Freight premises (Almancil) in the New Year. Understand that the depot still has a lot of now defunct -"Algarve Freight"- goods lying there. Contact Rob at Algarve Express Loule, he will probably be able to clarify the situation

GrahamM376

Visit site
Depot in Almancil has been closed for a while now.
Ex-Husband (Rob Francis) who started up - "Algarve Express" in Loule/Basildon, will be moving his company back to the former Algarve Freight premises (Almancil) in the New Year. Understand that the depot still has a lot of now defunct -"Algarve Freight"- goods lying there. Contact Rob at Algarve Express Loule, he will probably be able to clarify the situation

All Sorted. Spoke to Rob this morning. He has nothing to do with Algarve Freight or their deliveries, he's just taking over the warehouse space.

Algarve Freight is now run by Alicante Freight with several pick-up points along the Algarve, the main one in Porches. They normally require payment in advance but, in this case are allowing me to pay on collection. Pity the girls in the office didn't disclose the new business setup, leaving customers such as myself under the impression they were dealing with a defunct business.