AIS problem on S-H CP180

iacle

Visit site
I bought a Standard Horizon CP180 plotter with C-map UK & I chart, and a Nasa AIS engine at LIBS. It all works fine, except sometimes, when the cursor is held over a ship icon on the plotter to display it's AIS info, the plotter reboots itself. Has anyone had a similar problem? I've contacted S-H, as I thought the problem must be with the plotter, but a couple of times the plotter came back up with no chart, although the vessel icon & gps info were displayed. Powering off then on brought the chart info back. Now I wonder if it could be the chart cartridge that's causing the problem.

Bilgediver

Visit site
Sounds like there might be a bug in the firmware...John Brooks of SH is usually around so maybe now the week has started he will pop in...I waqs hoping to go this way too so lets see what SH say.

John

dalex

Visit site
I have exactly the same problem on my CP180. I don't have AIS but it reboots when looking into bouy data etc.

I was advised to talk to SH about it, but like most things didnt get around to it yet.

iacle

Visit site
Might be worth dropping an email to sales@yaesu.co.uk, at least to register the problem. It's not a big deal, as it comes back up very quickly, but our main reason for getting AIS was to 'see' ships in fog & it will cause a bit of panic if this happens! S-H said they had never come across the problem before, and would contact C-Map & get back to me; I'm still waiting....sounds like a firmware issue on the plotter to me.

searover

Visit site
Wierd that cos i have the cp180 and the cp1000 wit the nasa ais unit all works well, with c map max card..sory this doesnt help