Aft-Cabin Cruisers

snooks

www.grahamsnook.com
Moody 376 and Westerly Typhoon 37 are the two which spring to mind, though my mind is prone to getting things wrong and I'm not 100% on the ensuite thing

Are we talking new/old is foreign out of the question, and what's the budget?

A Najad 400 would be my personal choice /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Edit...the 376 is ensuite the typhoon does have a monster aft cabin, but no ensuite. hey I was almost right /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

dratsea

Visit site
Made the mistake of buying main cabin at front (Crealock 44). One of my better "mistakes". Happy hunting!

Aja

Visit site
Do you mean centre cockpit with aft cabin and en-suite - or aft cockpit aft cabin and en-suite.

There is a difference.
/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif
Donald

maxi77

Visit site
There is quite a range of Westerlies and Moodys that will meet your requirement, from around 24 feet and upwards, and from the late 70s on as well so the price range is quite large.

eise

alancoombs.co.uk
What a memory !! I made an offer,subject to survey. CAME OUT VERY POXY. Was full time carer for aged Mother at the time. It was a case of wrong time. She died earlier this year so ---. Typhoon still appeals, saw a lovely ketch version in Dartmouth a couple of years ago. Has anyone ever attempted retro fitting a basin/loo in aftcabin boat?

LadyInBed

montymariner.co.uk
Colvic Countess 37

Nevesta%20in%20Ouistreham.jpg

Billjratt

Visit site
Having decided on the above (Conway-type) arrangement, you need to closely examine the tunnel through to your aft cave.
The Conway, for instance, uses the chart table as a handhold, and it can have bits of moulding pulled off.
Also, check for "scarred forehead syndrome".
Now, if you could afford an oyster....

maxi77

Visit site
Every boat is a compromise, and arrangements do vary, I find the tunnel on my Moody 36 quite acceptable (I was a submariner though) and well worth it for a very comfortable aft cabin I can stand upright in, under the hatch. I am quite sure that form of arrangement will not suit all but it works for me.