Aerogen 2 bearings

NickiCrutchfield

Visit site
My Aerogen 2 has worn bearings and is beginning to make a horrid noise. Before I go trawling the net to find replacements, does anyone know where I can get new ones and if it is a simple or complicated job to replace them.
Many thanks in advance for any help.
Nicki

Robin

Visit site
LVM rebuilt our Aerogen 6 for us after the bearings went and did it very reasonably whilst we went away for a few hours having left it with them, pre-arranged, early morning as we were due to leave for our summer cruise.

The problem was, all the screws and bits that needed to be removed were corroded in place and even the blades and hub were seized onto the shaft. LVM solved it easily by giving us a new main housing (a reject with a minor paint fault) and a complete new fan, housing and blades, also minor blemishes. The inside parts they simply replaced in their entirety rather than spend time moving them from one housing to another. So basically we got a new generator, cost around £75 IIRC so result one happy customer. However the point is look what they did (could do) to get round the problems! I removed all the fastenings on the 'new' one and reassembled it with Duralac and/or grease to make dismantling easy in future.

Robin

Visit site
Nicki, be aware I think they may have changed hands and also what they did was 'above and beyond' to help us out. You might want to tell them of your exploits with the Aerogen 2 fitted as it would be good press maybe? They used to have lots of pics in the factory of their stuff in use. Needs a bit of very subtle 'begging' for help maybe?

NickiCrutchfield

Visit site
Robin, just had a very informative conversation with a person who obviously knew exactly what he was on about. He reckoned it was a mornings work with a bag of spanners, gave
me the web address for thief retail site, part number and the cost and I've just bought the bearing kit for £25. An excellent service comparable only with the usefulness of your original response to my post. Many thanks.
Nicki.