aegina

Squeaky

Visit site
Good morning:

Didn't realize that commercial advertising was allowed on this site - could this be the reason for the apparent drop in the number of users?

Regards

Squeaky

Visit site
Good morning:

Didn't realize that commercial advertising was allowed on this site - could this be the reason for the apparent drop in the number of users?
+1 I am wintering in Aegina, he doesn't say who he is and where, perhaps I shouldn't encourage him.
Regards

Squeaky

Chris_Robb

Visit site
Having hauled out there last year I can say it's (Aegina) perfectly OK. Many people are looking for a winter haulout location just now, so personally I see nothing wrong with announcing the vacancies on these pages.

Rboss has been around for a bit - and I agree that his presence here is actually beneficial, so long as it does not become heavy business plugging - there is a thin line, and when its crossed, we should complain then.

Mr Cassandra

Visit site
Good morning:

Regards

Squeaky

I have no financial interest in the yard ,though I do own the moorings .These are used mostly by people that have some kind of emergency in their lives. Frequently sent to me by Jimb from the CA.

I can often get better prices at some yards on the island than people just turning up.
This forum used to be for helping other liverboards out, as was my post .Perhaps your snide dig was your way of helping...and the reason why we have less forum users.

Last edited:

Chris_Robb

Visit site
Keep posting here - there are many times that people have emergencies and have to leave a yacht at short notice - and you provide a very useful service that we can all recommend.

Chris

houldsworth

Visit site
I agree with Chris Robb, the forum should there be to help fellow sailors and rtboss is giving us advice. I am looking for a yard on Aegina for next spring and his post has been most useful. Am following it up.
I have bought and sold items through the For Sale/Wanted posts with much success. Is that a business?
Keep up the good advice rtboss.
Charles

Squeaky

Visit site
Good morning:

Silly me for failing to realize that there were still magnanimous, public spirited people out there willing to help others during their time of need without expecting any personal gain in return.

Will try to remember this failing on my part next time if I am tempted to comment on any posts appearing on this forum. Hopefully if I should slip again others will remind me.

Cheers

Squeaky

Mr Cassandra

Visit site
Good morning:

Silly me for failing to realize that there were still magnanimous, public spirited people out there willing to help others during their time of need without expecting any personal gain in return.

Will try to remember this failing on my part next time if I am tempted to comment on any posts appearing on this forum. Hopefully if I should slip again others will remind me.

Cheers

Squeaky

Remind me what's the name and type of your boat?:):) ;-)

Squeaky

Visit site
Remind me what's the name and type of your boat?:):) ;-)

Good afternoon:

I have already indicated that I was silly to have the temerity to question your blatantly commercial post so if you intend to engage a "hit man" I don't think I will make it any easier for him/her to locate me by providing the information you have requested. At the same time I don't think I will go so far as to adopt a new identity and go undercover.

Interesting that your advertisement seems to have successful in that you have had a number of positive responses.

Cheers

Squeaky

Mr Cassandra

Visit site
See it as you wish ,I and other see it differently. I seem to remember that you did not have a boat and was only having a dig at you ,nothing nasty ,If I am wrong sorry ....
Cheers bob

Mr Cassandra

Visit site
You may be Squeeky's hit man. :-: :) I don't have any yards only moorings ,I help place people in yards at usually a lower cost, that's all, the owners give me a reduced rate as I normally place up to twenty yachts a season .

So Squeeky is partially correct.

Visit site
I do not know Squeeky other than from reading his posts, new to the Aegean having moved here end of this season.
I am wintering in Jordans yard following recommendations from this room, but always open to know what is available in an area I hope to cruise for a few seasons.