Multistrand cable, joining and purpose

Daydream believer

Visit site
Well the guard would have to be really down or the alcohol level up to get it wrong when the colours match the labels and the wires are cut to length so they only fit in one port!
How do you cut a bunch of wires coming through a hole in the deck into a space in the cabin lining to different lengths so they only go in one spot? Is there no slack in the wires?
Mine hang down a couple of feet from the end of the head lining (which I pull down 3 inches) where I can join the chock box. Then I stuff the lot back into the space before refixing the end of the lining. Worked OK for the past 20 years. I expect that many owners have the same issue.-- Wires joined & hidden in the head lining under the mast.

rogerthebodger

Visit site
Just do a sketch in the log book. It is not rocket science. :unsure: :unsure:

Nether is numbering wire connections and has been a standard industry way of identifying all connections and both end of wiring for many years in industry.

If you make a sketch anywhere that sketch con be damaged or lost, then you are up the creak without a paddle

Use industry standards where possible

Daydream believer

Visit site
Nether is numbering wire connections and has been a standard industry way of identifying all connections and both end of wiring for many years in industry.

If you make a sketch anywhere that sketch con be damaged or lost, then you are up the creak without a paddle

Use industry standards where possible
Actually, in 1998 I purchased a Stella,as a project boat.
The wiring had really neat rings fitted to the ends of all the wires. These rings were clamped tight to the wiring & were coloured & numbered. To remove them they had to be cut away.
I would really like to have the same system for labeling the wiring on my boat, so I know what wire goes where.
I have tried Dyno but that was a failure.
But nowhere on the web can I find them.
Presumably they need a special tool for fitting & labelling
Anybody seen them?

rogerthebodger

Visit site
This is my main distribution connection panel
It used DIN rail terminal and relay bases. The wiring are red for 12 vdc+ with pin crinps and slide on wire numbering ( I used yellow but coulured is also available) my numbers are not crimped on its the pin crimp that holdes the number on.

61PbqEyulUL._AC_SL1001_.jpg

Ec-1-Electrical-Number-Cable-Marker-Sleeve-with-Different-Symbols.jpg