Advice please, fitting a Raymarine ST2000 to a Dufour 32

Andy Doughty

Visit site
Hi, have bought a Dufour 32 (year2000) in Greece. Taking a ST2000 autopilot out to fit. Has anyone done this?? as we are a bit cut off from chandlers for any brackets/pins other than those that come with it. Thank you. Andy

duncan99210

Winter in Falmouth, summer on board Rampage.
djbyrne.wordpress.com
Welcome to the forum.

Bit confused. The ST2000 is a tiller autopilot, whilst this link http://www.yachtsnet.co.uk/archives/dufour-32-classic/dufour-32-classic.htm shows the Dufour 32 as being wheel steered. Is your boat tiller steered or do you have another autopilot?
No doubt someone will be along soon to tell me I've got my autopilots confused..... Or that there's a tiller steered Dufour 32.

Last edited:

martcouz

Visit site
Hi Andy,

I have a Dufour 32 Classic of 1998 vintage with tiller steering and an Autohelm 2000.

I have the power socket installed on the rear PHS coaming and a socket for the Autohelm pin set into the teak cockpit seat. I have a drop bracket on the tiller itself to locate the end of the ram. It all works perfectly ! Let me know of you need further information , pics etc.

Cheers,

Martin

Andy Doughty

Visit site
Martin. Thank you, just what I need. What is the drop on the bracket? They seem to be in 1" increments. Did you need a ram extension? Cheers Andy

martcouz

Visit site
Hi Andy,

sorry for the delayed response; I shall be down at the boat tomorrow and I'll take the measurement and some pics of the installation. Whether I can work out how to transmit them is an entirely different matter ...

Cheers,

Martin