Advice on insurance for liveaboard/cruising!

alorwin

Visit site
Hello people!

Please can I pick a few brains! Can anyone recommend an insurance company that is good for insuring liveboards that are up for a bit of world cruising! Just in the process of purchasing a boat (how long have I waited to say that!) and now need to look into possible insurance, so if anyone can offer us any advice, if will be gratefully received.

We are possibly buying an Endurance 35, for two adults to live on. Got the necessary ICC and a few certificates, and we are going to be permanent liveboards, starting in the Med and moving further afield.

If anyone can recommend anyone, or equally tell us who to steer clear of, than it would help us along the way!

Also, does anyone know of a surveyor in the Perpignan, France area, that is any good? Boat lying just South of here, and proving none to easy to find a decent English speaking surveyor!

If you could email me on al-orwin@lycos.co.uk I will await sny responses!

Thanks for reading and also for all your help and advice along the buying process that you have offered us.

Amanda OP

<hr width=100% size=1>

colvic

Visit site
In my experience in the Med, both St. Margarets and Pantaneus insure for living aboard/always in commission. You may encounter problems when wanting to head further South and cross the Atlantic and well have to settle for just third party.

We used a surveyor in Barcelona, David Dabney, who does travel a lot. Speaks English of corse and semed quite fai, though be precise in what you say the survey is for as I had to pay a seond time for a valuation after having a full survey done. You can pay him in either Euros or Sterling through a UK bank. He advertises in Yachting monthly, though if you give me a couple of hours I could find his phone number. E-mail him : dabney@terra.es

Phil

<hr width=100% size=1>

alorwin

Visit site
Hi

Thanks for the information on both the surveyor and the insurance company. I have sent an email to the surveyor, so hopefully we will hear from him soon! I've also put a request in for a quote by st margarets cos from reading further into the forum, I see others have used them too.

Once again, thanks for the advice and I hope it helps! Have a lovely remainder of the weekend!

Amanda OP

<hr width=100% size=1>

alorwin

Visit site
Hi

Thanks for the information on both the surveyor and the insurance company. I have sent an email to the surveyor, so hopefully we will hear from him soon! I've also put a request in for a quote by st margarets cos from reading further into the forum, I see others have used them too.

Once again, thanks for the advice and I hope it helps! Have a lovely remainder of the weekend!

Amanda OP

<hr width=100% size=1>

chrisrixon

Visit site
So are you reccomending Pantaenius now?!

Chris.

<hr width=100% size=1><A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.rixon.net/z> St Malo to the Med on the web</A> /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

colvic

Visit site
Hi Chris

Long time no hear! No, only pointing out that they do offer cover. Another post did point out that I took them to court, and won!!

Hope trip is going well this time...your old boat was offered to a chap I know up here, but he wasn't told its history!!!

Phil

<hr width=100% size=1>

chrisrixon

Visit site
Can you give me a link to your court case post?

Ta Chris.

<hr width=100% size=1><A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.rixon.net/z> St Malo to the Med on the web</A> /forums/images/icons/wink.gif