Adrift in the Ria Formosa

Visit site
Today's C.M. reports that 2 yachts, 1 English and one Spanish dragged their anchors on Monday near Quatro Aguas and were saved by the P. M.

GHA

Visit site
https://www.cmjornal.pt/portugal/detalhe/dois-veleiros-a-deriva-na-ria-formosa

img_900x508$2019_07_31_00_56_57_873770.jpg

Last edited:

Heckler

Visit site
Spray was anchored fairly close to green 21 when we passed him last week and in same place earlier this week. Have you noticed his chain? Looks like long term in same spot with no swivel.
Im sure he was there when we were there last month, no sign of life on board. Has the Spanish boat dragged and took him with it

GHA

Visit site
Just bumped into the guy from Spray, spanish boat rocked up, put out not much chain and went ashore on a rising tide. Next thing there's a boat banging against him so grabbed it and eventually someone called the PM who dragged it away and dropped the hook again, he had to dump his chain to get unhooked. Least he got a bottle of wine out of it :)
Not a scooby, some of these boats that turn up July/August :rolleyes:

A couple of tides can twist a chain like that out round 21, swirls all over the place coming out of the guts.

Last edited:

greeny

Visit site
Its that time of year when people who never normally anchor decide to venture forth and experiment with 5 m of chain in 5 m of water. Then promptly leave to go ashore for dinner. Surprise surprise the boats gone when they come back. Unfortunately I got hit by one last year. Asshole. No apologies, he blamed me for being in the way. Told me i should have got out of the way,

Sandyman

Visit site
Just bumped into the guy from Spray, spanish boat rocked up, put out not much chain and went ashore on a rising tide. Next thing there's a boat banging against him so grabbed it and eventually someone called the PM who dragged it away and dropped the hook again, he had to dump his chain to get unhooked. Least he got a bottle of wine out of it :)
Not a scooby, some of these boats that turn up July/August :rolleyes:

A couple of tides can twist a chain like that out round 21, swirls all over the place coming out of the guts.

Ditto. Eddie took it all in his stride. No one hurt, no serious damage done. And the best thing was they didn't even get swept put to sea on the ebb tide. Amazing :)

Heckler

Visit site
Its that time of year when people who never normally anchor decide to venture forth and experiment with 5 m of chain in 5 m of water. Then promptly leave to go ashore for dinner. Surprise surprise the boats gone when they come back. Unfortunately I got hit by one last year. Asshole. No apologies, he blamed me for being in the way. Told me i should have got out of the way,

a frog Cat pitched up last month, did the usual right next to us whilst we were in town, As the tide turned he swung within 3 mtrs of us. He finally appeared after an afternoon on the other big cat between you and us. I politely said to him you are a bit close. He actually moved!