Absolute Tides

Burnham Bob

Visit site
+1 for a great app. plus almost immediate answers and help if you email the developer through the google playstore.

isn't it nice to know there is at least one app designer that actually knows what peope want the app to do? most apps seem to be developed by people that develop apps not people that want to use them, rant over and back to the subject - this is a great help when you are anchoring as you can see rise and fall of the tide on the mobile phone in your pocket

ffiill

Visit site
As usual I must recommend
"Tide Prediction" app based on same tidal harmonics as the Laptop and c NewZzealand MDR world tides.(www.mdr.co.nz)
For the UK harmonics are those provided by Liverpool University Proudman Institute which are used by Lavers pocket tide tables.
Its totally free and is valid up to about 2090.
I have yet to note any noticable inaccuracy here in the UK;The Far North Newzealand both east and west coast and The Sunshine Coast Queensland.

ctva

Visit site
The stream pages North Sea N and West Scotland (almost) meet along the north coast of Scotland, taking in Orkney on North Sea N. But no, I don't see Shetland there.

Derek

Any update on the North of Scotland / Shetland tidal streams?

dedwards

Visit site
Any update on the North of Scotland / Shetland tidal streams?

cpedw is entirely correct about whats currently in the app. The next time I augment the charts on offer, I'll look into adding Shetland but it won't be for a while: UKHO don't provide digital copies of their streams so its really quite a manual process adding them to the app.

Lymmers

Visit site
Yes, I'm a forumite 1st and app developer 2nd so try not to abuse the forums.
Hi dedwards. Wonder if i could ask a question. I think i messed up doing a secondary port and upset the app (android) it now starts and immediately closes (crashes)
Freely admit its my fault.
But how do i get back in hopefully without losing my 2021 paid download.
Many thanks.
Lymmers

Lymmers

Visit site
BTW forgot to say. What an awesome app. Can't rate it highly enough.
Can i get French port data?
I messed up while trying to create a french port as a secondary.

cpedw

Visit site
Hi dedwards. Wonder if i could ask a question. I think i messed up doing a secondary port and upset the app (android) it now starts and immediately closes (crashes)
Freely admit its my fault.
But how do i get back in hopefully without losing my 2021 paid download.
Many thanks.
Lymmers
I think you need to uninstall the app then reinstall and download the data again. You won't be charged for the data again.

DipperToo

Visit site
BTW forgot to say. What an awesome app. Can't rate it highly enough.
Can i get French port data?
I messed up while trying to create a french port as a secondary.
Agreed about how good the App is - I did ask a couple of years ago for at least Cherbourg to be added as all the Reeves Fowkes tidal atlases use Cherbourg as the reference port. Hopefully it will appear in the 2022 release ?

Lymmers

Visit site
Thanks both. I uninstalled and re-reinstalled, and hey presto it loaded the tides agains without my input.
10/10

Lymmers

Visit site
Got the secondary tide working for a French port.
I didn't do it thoroughly, just for the current day, the one thing to note is the time zone.
I just told it French local time offset relative to St Helier BST time.
This gave me a nice graph with times in GMT +2.
HOWEVER: Note that the NOW button works in BST even though my phone is in GMT +2. I can't fault this, it's a good feature, as in say the channel islands, phones can pick up French networks, and might change to French time.
Just something to note! Especially as 1 hour was over 2m height difference when i used it yesterday! (Same when using the currents while in France, I guess)

Lymmers

Visit site
Agreed about how good the App is - I did ask a couple of years ago for at least Cherbourg to be added as all the Reeves Fowkes tidal atlases use Cherbourg as the reference port. Hopefully it will appear in the 2022 release ?
Agree, just really need primary French Ports like Cherbourg, St Malo, Brest, and the others further east.