Abandoned Boat for sale

30boat

N/A
Visit site
imagehelper.asp

There's a boat I'd be proud to own.

Sgeir

s14.photobucket.com
The CO32 has a similar hull to the Roberts 34, but the obvious difference in appearance is the number of portlights. The Roberts has three on each side.

Having since had the chance to look at the full size photos, I see that it has four portlights like a CO32 and agree that it probably isn't a Roberts 34. The hull does look very similar though.

307500875.jpg

Also the length is given as 10.5 Metres (34.4 Feet), which would be about right if it's a CO32 including the wind vane gear.

Tranona

Visit site
It is definitely NOT a CO 32. The coachroof is too short and too far forward and the cockpit is too long. The stern views show a transom that is much wider. The interior is also nothing like a CO.

Dmanley4

Visit site
I realize this is an old thread, but does anyone know what became of this boat? It was my fathers and is definitely a Roberts 34. He sailed it from England and ended up in Russel where he died in 2007. He had left it to a local sailor in his will. Sorry to see it ended up like this. Hopefully the new owner did something with it.

RichardS

N/A
Visit site
I realize this is an old thread, but does anyone know what became of this boat? It was my fathers and is definitely a Roberts 34. He sailed it from England and ended up in Russel where he died in 2007. He had left it to a local sailor in his will. Sorry to see it ended up like this. Hopefully the new owner did something with it.

I vaguely remember this thread from 2 years ago. It's good to hear more about the boat's origins.

Richard

christree

Visit site
I have just come across this thread and would love to know of its present whereabouts of Gambol Gold.
I sailed on Gambol Gold on her first trip from Rye (where she was first registered) to Antigua in 1980 after which
she carried on around the world
If anyone should be interested
I know her life story from when and where and by whom she was built I would be happy to put them in touch with
the original owner

PhillM

Visit site
I have just come across this thread and would love to know of its present whereabouts of Gambol Gold.
I sailed on Gambol Gold on her first trip from Rye (where she was first registered) to Antigua in 1980 after which
she carried on around the world
If anyone should be interested
I know her life story from when and where and by whom she was built I would be happy to put them in touch with
the original owner
That would be an interesting story. Please tell us more.

christree

Visit site
That would be an interesting story. Please tell us more.
Gambol Gold was built from plans by my dear friend Brian O'Donaghue known to all as Bod, in a barn some 12
Miles inland from Rye, East Sussex, it is a Roberts Balsa sandwich hull.
It was Bods dream to sail around the world which he did,
Starting from Rye East Sussex in November 1980 I went with him as far as the West Indies and left the boat
In January 1981 I came home and Bod continued his journey to circumnavigate the globe we met up again in 1982
And he said he was to do the transatlantic single handed race which he completed we then lost touch and I was told he had sold Gambol Gold
For a quieter life down in Poole
I met him Yesterday after nearly forty years and it was just like old times,
He is still sailing and lives on The Isle of Wight should any owner of Gambol Gold wish to contact him I can give contact details.
P.S
Gambol Gold got her name from the Steeleye span song Gambol Gold/ Robin Hood

Seastoke

Visit site
Gambol Gold was built from plans by my dear friend Brian O'Donaghue known to all as Bod, in a barn some 12
Starting from Rye East Sussex in November 1980 I went with him as far as the West Indies and left the boat
In January 1981 I came home and Bod continued his journey to circumnavigate the globe we met up again in 1982
And he said he was to do the transatlantic single handed race which he completed we then lost touch and I was told he had sold Gambol Gold
He is still sailing and lives on The Isle of Wight should any owner of Gambol Gold wish to contact him I can give contact details.
P.S
Wow some people do live the dream .

PhillM

Visit site
P.S

What a brilliant way to live a life.