Abandon ship - looks like all aboard were OK.

Bouba

Visit site
With so many salvage boats to choose from, if I were the boat captain I would start to negotiate...fixed fee, lowest offer wins....there sure were a lot of passengers on that boat

Portofino

Visit site
‘ Ruptured hose ‘ then why not close the sea cock ? Do you all regularly exercise them ?
No one mentioned shaft seal so presume it was a “ hose “
Wonder what engines / drive systems it’s got?

If MAN s It should have alarmed off as the ‘ inlet water pump pressure “would have dropped below a preset pressure if it was a main hose from seacock to motor .

If another hose would have gone after the seawater pump Eg the g box cooler then it’s temp would have moved up

Bilge alarm on a helm ( presume upstairs as well ? ) these should be able to cope with a hose ? = otherwise what are they for ? A bit of rain water !

Then there’s cameras some have ( although not clear from the vid ) , and if so how deep does it need to be to spark an investigation? Usefulness in a water leak situation?

looked to me like at least one engine was working to run it in to its berth or yard ( slings )

US click drama commentator .

Martxer

Visit site
With so many salvage boats to choose from, if I were the boat captain I would start to negotiate...fixed fee, lowest offer wins....there sure were a lot of passengers on that boat
I would pick the one that actually did something rather than hang around watching

volvopaul

hotmail.co.uk
White smoke was probably ingestion of sea water is the engine room was flooded .

It didn’t seem to be sinking that fast to me looking at the waterline stripe , the hi lo platform makes the stern look down when in actual fact it wasn’t but the looks of the video.

PowerYachtBlog

www.poweryachtblog.com
White smoke was probably ingestion of sea water is the engine room was flooded .

It didn’t seem to be sinking that fast to me looking at the waterline stripe , the hi lo platform makes the stern look down when in actual fact it wasn’t but the looks of the video.

Possibly there was a sense of panic because this one sank in the area a couple weeks ago. Out-News = Vanquish Sinks in Miami River

harvey38

Visit site
No life jackets and no visible life raft!

I watch a few of these from the inlet, they must have to pass under a low bridge and I'm amazed at the amount of boats that head out to sea with their VHF antenna lowered but also return with it in the same position. When it comes to using the VHF in an emergency, I very much doubt they would remember to raise it!