A note for this Saturday

iangrant

Visit site
Now then you motor boaty chaps - we raggies are racing around the Isle of Wight on Saturday (page 9 in your WH Smiths Road Atlas) So would you please remember to a, keep out of the way, b, if you ignor a, give way, c, don't try to get into Cowes, in fact it's probably best to stay in your own marina with the tele on and a large G&T in yer best blazer and captains hat - - normal weekend for most then!

Keep yer pekkers up then, mustn't let you hold me up, toodle pip!!

;-)

Ian

KevB

Visit site
I am soooo looking forward to this weekend as myself and 14 other motorboats will be making our way to Cowes this Saturday morning, there until Sunday afternoon. I'll look out for you, I guess you'll be the one with the white sail up, shouldn't be too difficult to spot.

I'd like some advice please...... Should I maintain a constant 30 knots as I make my way through you lot weaving all over the place or should I vary my speed a little?

what d'ya mean it's not made to get wet!!

iangrant

Visit site
Oh, please keep up the speed or we will all worry something is wrong, we love the wash so keep it comin' Can you make sure that you get the comfortable inside berths so that we can raft up outside 10 deep after 10 hours sailing.

Ta

I could have a spare berth on my boat for a stinky willing to donate a few quid to the RNLI? Now that would make a story for our host mag.

Ian

KevB

Visit site
All joking aside, if there are saily types out there who are taking part in the Island race (for the fun of it) and would like the company some stinkpots on board, I'm sure I could find a few who would love the chance of the experience.

what d'ya mean it's not made to get wet!!

Will

Visit site
Ian, I do hope you're not proposing to try and coax a stinky all the way round the outside of the isle of wight. Or do you have a pair of patio doors, a gin distillery and a pair of white high heels to offer any takers?? ;-)

(only joking, sorry, nice stinkies. Actually, it must be a pain in the arse for you lot?)

iangrant

Visit site
Arrhaaar me hearty we'll coax 'em alrite - we'll have 'em yakin into the big blue (oops sorry green) keel haulin', choppin off a leg, drinkin black rum, eatin' biscuits full of weevils and walkin the pl........ Oops so sorry, got carried away -

Ian

iangrant

Visit site
No real pre-requisites - apart from the deep tacktical studies prep on friday evening - ehem that means a pub crawl finishing in the beer tent. You need wet weather gear, and no you won't be back for lunch - 50 miles at approx 5 knots average

burgundyben

Visit site
10 hours?

Why so long ? Did it last year in 6 hrs 21 mins elapsed.

Will be following race round in Huntress taking fotos. Will create max wash, promise.

......girls, girls, get back, please, one at a time......

AJW

Visit site
Re: 10 hours?

Will also be following race watching from 7.5m RIB complete with sailing mad canadian girlfriend who will be critising spinnaker hoists, sail changes etc loudly whilst the rest of us work on our tans (hopefully!). Will probably go round the Island twice. Cos we can!

Alan

tcm

Visit site
ooh, this looks interestin

It sounds dead exciting, and it's the done thing for powerboats to cluster all around about as you leave the Solent and again as you enter the solent. I believe all the sailyboats find this immensely gratifying and very supportive, especially if you are winning!