A glorious day for boating...

andyball

Visit site
In Chichester harbour, the fog had cleared by 10 AM, not a breath of wind, gentle swell in the entrance, and we saw a seal.....marvellous.

Why are all those boats out of the water ?.

G

I coud'nt agree more Andy see my earlier post "radar if only" yes sunday was fog bound Brighton to Ramsgate
but the sea was unbelievably smooth so you could walk about in cabin make coffee etc without holding on
all the time. Also second leg Monday Ramsgate to Limehouse on Thames (70nm) was without fog this time
and equally flat seas, North Foreland no problem. Able to keep her flat out. Some of the best
cruising is in winters highs. Cold but who cares, how many times does one get to use the bathing platform
in the summer anyway?

cneighbour

burgundyben

Visit site
Quite right too, I continued to use my Huntress right up until new years eve, went over to cowes for lunch, best beer in West Cowes is definately the Peer View, had some wonderful weather (and some grotty).

My perkins engine manual says tis ok to run the engine flat out for one hour so I can go anywhere in the solent flat out! Marvellous when the waters flat and wet when its choppy.

Sadly, been posted to Shanghai for three months so huntress now having a little rest.

Very jealous of all this talk of LBS, 12000 miles is too far to go for a new GPS.