A Glaze -looking good so far!

Nickcf

Visit site
Have tried A Glaze this year for the first time, having bought the kits at LBS. So far have only done the hull whilst she is on the hard, as the topsides can be done at leisure in the water. After a wash down I used the (pink!) preparation liquid to clean the gelcoat. It's very easy to use and really does seem to deep clean the grp. You could see the before and after effect very clearly even though I didn't think the hull was particularly dirty.

After cleaning the prep off with a dry cloth (seems easier if you don't leave it too long) actually putting on the A Glaze liquid is very easy except that, as it's a clear liquid, it's quite difficult to know how much to put on and if the whole surface is covered. Gave it two coats just to be on the safe side.

The results so far look stunning- a deep shine on the hull and water just runs off- too early to tell though if it resists stains as I'm hoping it will.

So far so good though.

nick

Hurricane

Visit site
Yep - I've used it for two seasons now.
Be sure to put a few more coats round the areas that get covered by exhaust smoke..
I put about 6 coats on those areas.

I know what you mean about not knowing how much to put on.
I think we put too much on cos it needed a bit of buffing off an hour or so later - still we only used the total amount recommended.

I didnt see much of an improvement to begin with.
Its only when you come to clean the boat after use that you will see the benefits.
It is MUCH MUCH MUCH easier to clean - even just washing using the "A" Glaze soapy stuff.
Later in the season and begining next year you will see the difference in ease of cleaning.

Sixpence

Visit site
oh dear , I see bullets flying by morning /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif sorry good buddy , but unless you at least say hello in here , I think your post is likely to be viewed as commercial /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif first post comments about a product are often viewed by the red barons mates as being spam , and most prefer corned beef or Fray Bentos .
Welcome in , and take cover /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Sixpence

Visit site
No worries buddy , I'm all for getting it cheaper , but it helps if you say hello first or at least let people know that you're not the owner or seller of the product /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif personally , I don't mind people passing tips but there are some that go for the jugular at every chance /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif daft I know

Hurricane

Visit site
Personally, I dont mind his first posts.
He has pointed out an alternative.
It seems that the product he refers to even has the same names as the actual "A" Glaze.
Maybe it actually IS the same stuff.

I have a theory about the pink polish that all the suppliers supply. I think its all just Windowlene anyway.