70 metres of 10mm ISO used anchor chain for sale, Clyde Marina £150 ono

Andrew41

Visit site
I am selling my old anchor chain.
70 metres long, 10mm ISO calibrated (10x30), short link, galvanised.
I don't know the Grade so assume it is G30.
It has held our 13Tonne yacht through all weathers.
The chain is still useable as it has not worn excessively thin.
I changed it because it is rusty, mainly over about 30 metres of an end. I would have kept it but the good 40 metres also has some rusty links and areas.
The rust caused marks on the yacht's white gelcoat under the locker drains and has been cleaned too often now and the gelcoat is getting thin.
Re-galvanising was an option but I decided not to bother.
The chain is still useful for anchoring if the rust isn't a problem. It could also be used for moorings.
Lying in wet weather over the winter, the rust coating got worse. I used it last season and didn't notice the rust apart from the locker drain streaks. I expect, when in use, the rust coating is abraded off and is far less prominent.
The chain is at Clyde Marina, Ardrossan, in a builder's bag on a pallet and weighs around 160kgs. A fork lift is available for loading.
I can cut the chain and also have a good 10mm Crosby chain link if wanted.
My new replacement chain cost £700 so I think this chain is worth £150 but happy to haggle.
(Pallet delivery UK shipping cost is around £100 unless you have an account, then it is about £50)

sparkey

Visit site
Morning,

Appreciate its a while since you posted add, but is the anchor chain still available ?

Regards

Mark