62kt gust at Harwich just now.

Aquaboy

Visit site
Wind pretty much straight down the Stour, often more blowy at Shotley than out to sea even.
I had a look at AIS a little while ago and notice the Stena had slowed down, she was still way off Alderburgh at the time.

shanemax

Visit site
Strange how Shotley is so much more than Harwich (assuming that's where Nav. House is) and more than Landguard too.
To the best of my knowledge Nav House is at the back of Halfpenny Pier , A big victorian building. Shotley wind measuring equipment is on the old wooden fishermen's pier where the large white radar mast is. It is often more windy there as the wind funnels down the stour W/E and the pier sticks out into the river.

ex-Gladys

Visit site
To the best of my knowledge Nav House is at the back of Halfpenny Pier , A big victorian building. Shotley wind measuring equipment is on the old wooden fishermen's pier where the large white radar mast is. It is often more windy there as the wind funnels down the stour W/E and the pier sticks out into the river.
Nav House is the modern building "round the corner" where VTS operate from. Overlooks the Pilot boat dock.

pandroid

www.kissen.co.uk
How do you get real time values for Shotley?
Belay that: I See that the HHA publish them.

Last edited: