3/8 fuel shut off valve

robmcg

Visit site
We have a Dickinson Newport diesel heater. The fuel supply pipe is a 3/8 copper pipe from a dedicated tank to the heater. The tank has a shut off valve but it is under the bed and not very accessible. Dickinson Marine recommended a fuel shut off as close to the heater as possible and I would like to add one. Ideally, it would be a compression fitting but I wonder if it should be full bore? In addition, where is the best place to source such a valve for diesel? TIA

Plum

Visit site
We have a Dickinson Newport diesel heater. The fuel supply pipe is a 3/8 copper pipe from a dedicated tank to the heater. The tank has a shut off valve but it is under the bed and not very accessible. Dickinson Marine recommended a fuel shut off as close to the heater as possible and I would like to add one. Ideally, it would be a compression fitting but I wonder if it should be full bore? In addition, where is the best place to source such a valve for diesel? TIA
I have one like this on my Taylors diesel heater and has been perfect for 20 years.....
(3/8)304 Stainless Steel Needle Valve High Pressure Needle Valve 2Way | eBay

robmcg

Visit site

plumbob

Visit site
Interesting - not sure how long it will take to come from China 🤔.

Google sent me to the BES site which is very comprehensive. Perhaps too comprehensive as I struggled to find what I want 🤭.
I doubt you would struggle. Just carefully measure the OD of the pipe you want the valve in, metric or imperial sizes..... a set of calipers will help, and select, you can do it!
Good luck. Sorry............you do say 3/8 inch. Use a Vernier caliper if uncertain but they will have 3/8