25-26 foot sailing boat without a dinette.

DoubleEnder

Visit site
I’ve got my name down for a mooring that can accept maximum 26 feet LOA. I don’t think I’ll be offered a place until next year or maybe 2024 but we can spend a lot of time looking at boats for sale to get ideas…. But, I really do not like dinette layouts. Any good suggestions for a boat that has settee berths port and starboard?

Adios

Visit site
I had a lovely Offshore 8 meter / Van De Stadt Breis thats exactly that. Long fin, lovely motion, quite fast for what it was. Solidly built. Getting old now though. Very maneuverable, great for single handed berthing. More spacious than a folk boat or Contessa 26 and standing headroom throughout. Full length berth on the starboard side and full length to port though with feet under the galley top (next owner ruined it by installing an oven there). I spent over a year living in it and covered a good 3000 miles or so.

suffolklass

Visit site
I hear you - we are gradually looking for ideas for our next boat (will be moving up from 19' to hopefully 25-26') and I don't like dinette layouts either.

Would you entertain an L shaped layout?

Because so far we have found the boats already mentioned above, plus
Jaguar 25
Centaur B layout (which is the most common anyway)
Sadler 26

These have L shaped layouts on one side but I don't count that as a dinette as you can always remove the table? It's not like the sideways-on dinettes which don't give you as much lounging space.

I'd say depending on budget the Griffon would be the best option though. Sadly likely to be out of our very limited budget!

Last edited:

DoubleEnder

Visit site
Hatred is probably a bit strong. I just quite like to have space for stretching out, it’s the lounging gene.
I do think I have a hard limit at 26 feet. And as dotage approaches smaller lighter cheaper are all good things. Also the waiting list
for the longer berths is commensurately longer. I think I’ve got a chance of getting one of the smaller berths before dotage becomes senescence
I like Sadler 25 and 26 but they all seem to have dreaded dinettes.
Westerly Griffin is a good idea, thank you.

suffolklass

Visit site
Ah maybe I was wrong on Sadler 26. Thank you Suffolklass. I was going by this Sadler 26 archive details - Yachtsnet Ltd. online UK yacht brokers - yacht brokerage and boat sales. But perhaps not all layouts are like that

Jaguar 25 hmmm yes maybe.
all good stuff thank you

I think most Sadler 26 are but I found this one which has an L shaped layout so there must be some variation Sadler 26 for sale UK, Sadler boats for sale, Sadler used boat sales, Sadler Sailing Yachts For Sale 1987 Sadler 26 - Apollo Duck (Sadler 26s are also likely to be outside our budget but I enjoy window shopping...)

DoubleEnder

Visit site
How about a Vertue? Full headroom and no dinette. Here is a tour of down below
Lovely
My last boat was built of wood. She was beautiful and I actually do think that wooden boats are better than GRP in almost every way (Class, discuss in 1000 words. Essays in by Monday please). But I can no longer afford the time or the money to keep a wooden boat up; I have some other things to keep me busy now. So if I’m going to go sailing in a boat of my own it needs to be GRP.

FFwd 18 months he heheh lets see. But I’m trying to be sensible and realistic. What I really want is this

suffolklass

Visit site
Westerly Tiger - only a few inches shorter than the Centaur but beamier so same sort of accommodation, and apparently sails better.