Visit site
Certainly the standing rigging.
Done headhoses
And I'm looking at the Sw board (alloy) time to replace
Sails are ok
What else? Any suggestions

doug748

Visit site
I was looking at a list of the main stuff I did in the first 5 years of ownership, here it is:

Inner forestay, wheel tensioner fitted. New sail, hatch and anchor winch covers.

Guard wires, renewed, Staylock fittings. Halyard exhaust alarm

Adjustable beaching/laying up legs – Yacht Leg Co

Gas system renewed, Alde leak tester fitted

Engine hour meter fitted. Cockpit speaker for VHF

New cooker with failsafe burners fitted – Spinflo Nelson.

The boat was 15 years old at the time. In general I don't replace/buy stuff unless I am sure it is needed = cheapskate.

ashtead

Visit site
I would think of the saildrive seal should you have one ,the gas pipes and mooring lines plus a new anchor but do ask on this forum first re an anchor of course ?as many types out there to replace the current one. I would also be checking any batteries in safety devices and trying to work out replacement process.

garymalmgren

Visit site
Engine oil and fuel filters!

Seriously, now.
Change over all bulbs to LED.
Mast head blocks.
Fluffy sheets, furling line or halyards.
Stuffing box packing or dripless shaft seal.
Engine water pump impeller.

Gary

Zing

Visit site
I’m in the middle of a big refit at 21 yrs. Everything is seems is pulled apart and rebuilt. So far I’ve needed new thru-hulls, valves and hoses. Gearbox for windlass. Gears for autopilot. Rebuilt autopilot motor. Rebuild injector pump. Re-bed deck fittings. Lots of Awlgrip window painting. Deck re-grooving, mast paint and new fittings. Some running rigging. Much standing rigging. Many electrical switches. New instruments, new pilot drive. Genset header tank and heat exchanger. new stern gland, remove prop shaft and polish, cutlass bearing, prop re-build. Deck lights, windlass switches, most new deck hatches. Rebuild rudder.

Plus I did an awful lot last year and the year before, and the year….

geem

Visit site
Is it right to assume nobody has done any maintenance of upgrades in the last 20 years? How can you predict what might be needed at 20 years? Has the boat done two laps around the world or not made it past the harbour wall? Some stuff gets worn out with use. Other stuff fails from neglect. The only way to decide what needs replacing/refurbishment is to know some boat history.

Rhylsailer99

Visit site
Running and standing rigging , new furler and all the chain plates replaced and reinforced , led bulbs, full rewire, all new sea cocks , 2 new sails, new alternator,water pump,thermostat block and thermostat ,complete new exhaust system,full re paint top and bottom after scrape and sand back to gelcoat, rudder rebuild and still the list goes on and on.

William_H

Visit site
I am iof the school that says fix it when it breaks. However failure of shrouds will be expensive if mast is broken. So yes replace standing rigging. Hoses skin fittings etc if they fail can lead to flooding /sinking so yes worth replacing. (anything else whose failure can lead to catastrophe) All the rest will become obvious when you use the boat. Get out there sailing. ol'will