12 volt hairdryer

G

Does any one know of a source for a 12 volt hair dyer to avoid installing a generator to keep her ladyship happy?

G

And what colour would her ladyship like her hair dyed? Perhaps a fetching shade of navy blue? Or do you mean 'dryer'. I'd tell her ladyship to stick her head in front of the Eberspacher outlet, if I was you

G

Re: the limitations of 12v

Think about it. A typical hairdryer is 1500W. At 12v thats....er.... 125 Amps. The cables will weigh about half a ton and don't forget to buy your wife a spanner to connect it directly to the battery terminals. And put a big sticker on it "Only use when engine running at 200rpm".

G

Re: the limitations of 12v

Think about it. A typical hairdryer is 1500W. At 12v thats....er.... 125 Amps. The cables will weigh about half a ton and don't forget to buy your wife a spanner to connect it directly to the battery terminals. And put a big sticker on it "Only use when engine running at 2000rpm".

G

put an inverter in (much cheaper than a genny or tell her to use the dryer at the marina!.....nm

G

Can\'t change laws of physics

Be careful. A 1500w inverter will still draw 125Amps on the 12v input side. Not something you can plug into the cigarette lighter.

G

I am holding in my hot hands a authentic 12volt hair dryer. Looks a bit weedy, but I suppose it would work.

We bought it to dry photographic film with when we were processing in the car. (dont ask)

Never used.

I think we got it at either David Fuller caravans, or Lowdham caravans, near Gunthorpe in Notts.

Cost 2 years ago, £8.95. (Sticker is still on it.)

If you cant get one from a caravan shop then e-mail me direct at doug@pageonemedia.com, and I am sure we can come to some arrangment.

However I must point out that it does not look like it would dry more than a hamsters worth of hairdo.

Cheers

G

I'm with the others - 12v and hairdryer... not going to happen!

You'll need to either fit a generator or forget it i'm afraid.

G

Most Chandlers sell 12v hair dryers for about a tenner. I have one somewhere, they are about as effective as wafting your hand over your head.

G

In an emergency, a bit of plastic pipe (I used 2" bilge pump hose) and a plastic bag. Remove pipe from rear of Eberspacher outlet and tape plastic bag open end around same. Make hole in bag and insert plastic bilge pipe until it is a few inches up the Eberspacher pipe and tape around hole in bag to make airtight.

Said device rescued me on an occasion when genny would not start and madam had wet, just out the shower hair. Saved a divorce which would have been expensive and probably required the sale of the boat.

If you do this, make sure other outlets are free and clear to avoid overheating.

Does anyone think Blue Peter would be interested in this, if I was able to incorporate a couple of empty cornflakes packets and some bluetack?

Nick

G

There used to be a butane powered heated brush thingy in the Argos catalogue that was refilled from a lighter refill. Don't know if they are still available but a lot cheaper than a genny and more effective than 12v!!

G

My wife has a 12v hairdryer which is next to useless. I am sure I have seen an attachment in an Eberspacher catalogue that fits to one of the heating outlets. That could be a solution.

G

I have come to the conclusion that this is the best solution. Inded I have emailed Eberspacher to check it out. Thanks for everyones advice.

G

Re: 12 volt hairdryer - CONSIDER A SHORT HAIRDO NM

aa

Attachments

• orza gibsea2.jpg
    orza gibsea2.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 0
  • orza gibsea84.jpg
    orza gibsea84.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 0