£0.43 Fix for Meaco DD8L Dehumidifier

Roger Jestice

Visit site
Hi,

Thank you for the tip/information, much apreciated. Did you need to have your unit sent in for repairs/replacement or were you able to sort the issue out yourself?
I've not taken mine apart yet to take a look to see what it looks like inside with regards dust/dirt, but, I'm not expecting much dust/dirt internally as this unit has had its filters cleaned at least once a month, but, who knows, it may be a shambles internally.

Thanks
Just to add to this thread for future readers, my Meaco DD8L dehumidifier started to leak water from the base so I returned it under warranty to Meaco. It was returned with he comment that the unit was full of dust and to regularly clean the filter. I explained that the filter was regularly cleaned and could not understand how this happened. Since then the leakage has occured again and today the unit stopped showing a red light.
The solution om both occasions was to disassemble the unit as my video posted earlier and to remove the black plastic outlet unit (four screws) directly under the condensing tubes. This is where the dust that is not caught by the filter congregates. The minutest amount seems to switch off the unit and so I'm having to clean it every 3 months. Hope this helps.

alex___w

Visit site
Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread so far.

I don't think that NTC1 is a 100k thermistor. I have a machine that was dead on arrival that I'm trying to fix and where the fault is shown as being with NTC1. I used a 100k one and my machine will run for about 20 minutes, but then will turn off with a steady red light (which means NTC1 failure). To test that the rest of the machine works I also plugged in a fixed resistor instead of the thermistor and that allows it to run indefinitely (or about 45 minutes, which is at long as I wanted to stick around monitoring it). Unfortunately, NTC1 is also the most annoying to get to since it is behind the desiccant wheel and you need to fully disassemble the machine to get there. It is also frustrating that I can't monitor the NTCs in use -- probing either of them with my multimeter instantly causes the machine to fault.

patrickpop96

Visit site
Hello guys,
I bought a second hand Meaco DD8L Zambezi .When I connect the power supply, the LCD turns on, "hi" appears on the screen, the flap moves to the closed position and the lcd is blank. I press the start button but it does not receive the command. Can someone help me with the electrical diagram or with some advice?

Wanderingfree

Visit site
Hi Guys
I have a DD8 that doesn’t seam to blow warm air out of the top vent. It used to but now just blows out cool air.
Any suggestions please.

Roger Jestice

Visit site
Just to add to this thread for future readers, my Meaco DD8L dehumidifier started to leak water from the base so I returned it under warranty to Meaco. It was returned with he comment that the unit was full of dust and to regularly clean the filter. I explained that the filter was regularly cleaned and could not understand how this happened. Since then the leakage has occured again and today the unit stopped showing a red light.
The solution om both occasions was to disassemble the unit as my video posted earlier and to remove the black plastic outlet unit (four screws) directly under the condensing tubes. This is where the dust that is not caught by the filter congregates. The minutest amount seems to switch off the unit and so I'm having to clean it every 3 months. Hope this helps.
I sent the unit back under warranty and it was returned saying that the unit had failed due to a build up of dust and that the filter had not been cleaned regularly. I dispute this claim as I know that the filter was cleaned regularly. They also suggested poking a cotton bud up the outlet pipe to clear any residual dust.
I continued to clean the filter regularly but the same thing happened again so I opened up the unit which was relatively dust free inside so took off the black plastic outlet directly below below the outlet from the condensing tubes. This has two circular depressions about the size of a small tiddlywink which contained a small amount of dirt. Having cleaned this and the outlet pipe the unit worked okay but the problem reoccured with several months. Again cleaning the outlet cured the problem.
In my view the filter is not stopping all the dust and this is causing the problem to reoccur again and again. Finally I have written off my losses and scrapped the unit and bought another make that has so far worked impeccably. I would be interested to hear if any of the other forum users have had the same problem.

Skippery

Visit site
Does anyone have another recommended desiccant dehumidifier please? I was going to buy a Maeco but they seem to have a few problems according to the users on this site. Thanks

gablecat

Visit site
Does anyone know what code C4 means?
My 2 yr old DD8L has worked perfectly. - Still appears to work perfectly, warming up, fan blowing and collecting water - until code C4 now appears 30 or so mins after I turn it on, and shuts the machine down.

TerryA

Visit site
My 6 year old Maeco dd8l junior has been sat in a boat deprived of its power supply throughout the last cold wet winter. The boat now has mould problems and the Maeco don't run. It beeps 3 times when powered up, all the lights flash and then nothing. I tried leaving it powered up at home but still nothing happening. Reading this thread I assumed a faulty fuse would be the first thing to check and started some dismanling. I read post 1 but I can't see anything labelled TC or TC1 to test. Is the junior version different or if not can someone please point me in the right direction.

Momac

Visit site
Does anyone know what code C4 means?
My 2 yr old DD8L has worked perfectly. - Still appears to work perfectly, warming up, fan blowing and collecting water - until code C4 now appears 30 or so mins after I turn it on, and shuts the machine down.
Don't know but could be overheating so would suggest cleaning the filter, if not already done.

daniel.weck

Visit site
Well well well ... I posted in this discussion thread back in October 2021, at the time I "fixed" the problem by dismantling, cleaning and reassembling everything (luckily I didn't have to replace any part).
The problem is occuring again: 10-15 seconds after starting the dehumidifier, it cycles off (during which time the push-buttons on the control panel become unresponsive) and it eventually shuts down entirely.
I guess I'll have to take it apart again, hopefully a simple fix this time around once more :)
(I'll report back here once I find out more)