• REMINDER - COVID-19

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as YBW, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health and liberty is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Users who are found to promulgate FAKE NEWS on the forum in regard to this issue, intentional or otherwise, may find their access terminated. It is your responsibility to provide references to bona fide sources.

FAKE NEWS, in this regard, is that which is posited by organisations, media, etc., that is repeated on the forum, or used to support personal opinion/hypothesis posted by users - FAKE NEWS is not necessarily the personal opinion/hypothesis being posted in itself, any issues with such should be challenged respectfully.

Your favourite compass.

RupertW

My favourite was on an old wooden boat my Dad owned. You just turned the parallel lines to the exact course you wanted then to steer you just had to stay between them. Instantly intuitive and very restful compared to “Steer 75 degrees” on a modern compass
A84EAB52-5F5E-41D5-A8DB-7B42FDEE886D.jpeg

Refueler

My favourite was on an old wooden boat my Dad owned. You just turned the parallel lines to the exact course you wanted then to steer you just had to stay between them. Instantly intuitive and very restful compared to “Steer 75 degrees” on a modern compass
View attachment 91037
Reminds me of the 'Aircraft Compass' my father had on our boat ... same idea ...

JumbleDuck

My favourite compass is the one that, when I’m a few miles East of a favourite Caribbean island, indicates that I’m heading straight for it.
I have a special "destination finding" compass - a pivoted arrow at the top of my mast which invariably points where I want to go.

Refueler

I have a special "destination finding" compass - a pivoted arrow at the top of my mast which invariably points where I want to go.
I've got one of those !! Try on the river .... bloody arrow changes to match the line of the river as well !! So its tacking to go up[ river ... tacking to return !!