Where are they now?

AndieMac

Visit site
Someone mentioned the forum on a Facebook thread yesterday.

I left the forum because every post seemed to descend into mathematical equations and pseudo science. I lost the will to live after the second sentence. All the guy asked was how to get sun tan lotion and mascara off the sun cushions before his wife came down at the weekend and people started talking about molecular adhesion, osmosis and the strength of an electron bond.

As for threads even glancing on boat construction....... ?

Still got the Princess 50 fly in Gosport, still popping out to Thailand from time to time although sadly the last two trips have been cancelled for obvious reasons.

Stay in touch with a few regulars in the real world.

Henry

Not everybody possesses the power of positivity H, I was always a fan of the Henryf view of the world.

In fact you should be looking at contributing to this forum again as a community service, bringing a little light and humour into others lives ;)

Dill et Bound

Visit site
I occasionally pop in to look at the forum.
I preferred the old format, but there again still prefer my Nokia 3310 to my iPhone 12.
I do love to see the differing views on some of the topics, and obviously miss the banter of the Lounge.
I have attended 3 Beer and Natters. Hamble, Caernarvon, and Conwy. and still have great memories of the warm welcome.
given to me by the other forumites attending.
But after many years of boating I am taking a break, but will be around from time to time.
Best wishes, and Stay Safe.
Ian

longjohnsilver

Visit site
Not everybody possesses the power of positivity H, I was always a fan of the Henryf view of the world.

In fact you should be looking at contributing to this forum again as a community service, bringing a little light and humour into others lives ;)
Henry had the best storytelling style on the forum. It would be good to have him back.

Kawasaki

Visit site
I preferred the old format, but there again still prefer my Nokia 3310 to my iPhone 12.
I do love to see the differing views on some of the topics, and obviously miss the banter of the Lounge.
I have attended 3 Beer and Natters. Hamble, Caernarvon, and Conwy. and still have great memories of the warm welcome.
But after many years of boating I am taking a break, but will be around from time to time.
Ian
Hey!
good to hear from you Ian
?

Dill et Bound

Visit site
Thanks Kwakers.
I suppose like me an injection is just around the corner.(y)
When it’s safe to do so I will return to North Wales and catch up.
Until then......
Stay Safe.
Ian

BruceK

Visit site
Ian

Hey, you've been missed. Nice to see you are around Ian. Furthest travelled on two of the meets. It was appreciated by all. ?

AndieMac

Visit site
Henry had the best storytelling style on the forum. It would be good to have him back.
The storytelling, videography skills and sharing his life was incredibly entertaining and a huge asset to the forum in my mind.

I would always look forward to seeing the “backfiring Porsche” avatar while scanning down the forum homepage.

henryf

www.911virgin.com
For the past few months I’ve been starting off a video channel relating to the Porsche side of my life. It’s an eclectic mix and the videos are developing organically - a work in progress if you will.

I know there is some crossover between 2 props & 4 wheels so here’s the link.

I have also made some little boating videos since last posting on here as well (I think). I’ll dig up a link.

https://youtube.com/channel/UC627ac4AJB6YQBari1pnWDw

AndieMac

Visit site
For the past few months I’ve been starting off a video channel relating to the Porsche side of my life. It’s an eclectic mix and the videos are developing organically - a work in progress if you will.

I know there is some crossover between 2 props & 4 wheels so here’s the link.

I have also made some little boating videos since last posting on here as well (I think). I’ll dig up a link.

https://youtube.com/channel/UC627ac4AJB6YQBari1pnWDw

Wow, that’s a lot of 911 Porsche‘s!
I hope you are doing great business, by all reports luxury item sales are booming.
Good luck with the YT channel, you will do well with this media, many are turning to YT during these times.

henryf

www.911virgin.com
Wow, that’s a lot of 911 Porsche‘s!
I hope you are doing great business, by all reports luxury item sales are booming.
Good luck with the YT channel, you will do well with this media, many are turning to YT during these times.
We are pretty late to the game and it’s a crowded market but ultimately I’m not intending to be the next great “influencer”. Been quite hard with lockdown not being able to travel away in a car and even link to the boat, big crossover both ways between cars & boats. You forget that what you take as normal when owning a boat is anything but to non owners.

AndieMac

Visit site
We are pretty late to the game and it’s a crowded market but ultimately I’m not intending to be the next great “influencer”. Been quite hard with lockdown not being able to travel away in a car and even link to the boat, big crossover both ways between cars & boats. You forget that what you take as normal when owning a boat is anything but to non owners.
I think YouTube type platforms have a long way to go yet, and appealing to all age groups. It’s giving those with some charisma who invest time and skill into producing videos of lifestyle, products, how-to etc, exposure to a massive audience. You have the attributes to become successful in this area, and I’m sure you already know this ?

Look at the way Nick Burham‘s Aquaholic channel has increased in popularity, no clever videography or great production skill, just a very passionate guy presenting a lifestyle he is obsessed with. You can’t help but get drawn into his enthusiasm as he drags you through all the storage cupboards of everything from super yachts to runabouts :)

Kawasaki

Visit site
I would just like to mention 'B175Chris' Because I have had a Course of 'B12' Injections, which apparently will help my memory loss as an old Duffer. The 'Course didn't work Folks! I do remember having a BSA 175 once though. and a Gilfriend named Chris. Who are you B175Chris? Don't be too hard on Me and don't await a quick response.Saturdays I am allowed some time to 'surf the net' . But then Sundays are difficult. I get'flashes' of names like ----- seastoke, andie mac , spotty dog , henry f, longjohnsilver etc. Anyway, its time to take my medcation, good by B175 Chris, whoever you are:D:eek:?

B175Chris

Visit site
I would just like to mention 'B175Chris' Because I have had a Course of 'B12' Injections, which apparently will help my memory loss as an old Duffer. The 'Course didn't work Folks! I do remember having a BSA 175 once though. and a Gilfriend named Chris. Who are you B175Chris? Don't be too hard on Me and don't await a quick response.Saturdays I am allowed some time to 'surf the net' . But then Sundays are difficult. I get'flashes' of names like ----- seastoke, andie mac , spotty dog , henry f, longjohnsilver etc. Anyway, its time to take my medcation, good by B175 Chris, whoever you are:D:eek:?

Come on Kawa, I’ve only been away for 12 years! I’ve even got one of the VIP blue mouse gin palace flags from Haydn… I’m back to get the 2021 edition for my kayak :cool: