Titchmarsh marina access at low water

Independence

Visit site
Can anyone tell me how many hours before low water a yacht with 5ft 6" draft should be able to access Titchmarsh marina at the moment.

Thanks

jimi

Visit site
apparently if you can get past stone point you can get in ;-) I was chatting to the guy in the berth next to us when we were last there, he drew 6' and reckoned he was generally OK 3 hours either side of HW.

AntarcticPilot

www.cooperandyau.co.uk
apparently if you can get past stone point you can get in ;-) I was chatting to the guy in the berth next to us when we were last there, he drew 6' and reckoned he was generally OK 3 hours either side of HW.

I draw 1.6 m officially, a bit more in practice. I reckon 2 hours either side of LW for planning purposes, and I think I could skim a bit off that. The Harbourmaster says that if you can get past Stone Point, you'll get in. Also, I was told it isn't a solid cill, but a mud bank, so there's a bit of potential for ploughing matches!

Champagne Murphy

Visit site
There's a gauge in the main channel on the pontoon outside the entrance. You can pick up a buoy or tie up to the pontoon if you have to wait. When I looked at the tide curve this am I reckon 1 hr either side would have been ok for our 1.7m but it would have been tight.

pvb

Visit site
Compared to where? It's the journey that counts.

Well, I suppose I feel that the marina has restricted access, the trip to it isn't especially easy, berth prices are similar to Orwell marinas, all of which have all-tide access. Maybe it depends where you live, and whether road travel is easier to Titchmarsh than to other places.

MoodySabre

Visit site
Well, I suppose I feel that the marina has restricted access, the trip to it isn't especially easy, berth prices are similar to Orwell marinas, all of which have all-tide access. Maybe it depends where you live, and whether road travel is easier to Titchmarsh than to other places.

Fair. I thought we were talking about visiting rather than home port. As a place to visit it is as good as anywhere.

Champagne Murphy

Visit site
I've just realised that I've replied to this when the op was by Independence WHO WE HAD JUST ARRIVED WITH AT TITCHMARSH as a cruise in company! Thick or what? Next time I'll read the op properly first!:ambivalence::sleeping:

MoodySabre

Visit site
I've just realised that I've replied to this when the op was by Independence WHO WE HAD JUST ARRIVED WITH AT TITCHMARSH as a cruise in company! Thick or what? Next time I'll read the op properly first!:ambivalence::sleeping:
He's getting brave. Burnham last weekend, Titchmarsh this week. He has discovered a whole new world past Harwich. Where next?

Independence

Visit site
Gradually spreading my wings!

Actually, I think this is a great marina. Very helpful staff, fairly straight forward to access provided you don't try and impress the locals with your sailing skills, nice bar and restaurant......and for us this weekend....great company

Champagne Murphy

Visit site
Gradually spreading my wings!

Actually, I think this is a great marina. Very helpful staff, fairly straight forward to access provided you don't try and impress the locals with your sailing skills, nice bar and restaurant......and for us this weekend....great company

Why, thank you! We thought the same thing. Bit of a distance though. Perhaps Levington next time?