Suffolk Yacht Harbour By Air

wingdiver

WWW.MYSPACE.COM
Nice work. I love drone footage. We have a clip of us motoring up towards the Orwell Brudge. I would get one but I know it would end up in the river.....:rolleyes:

Bigplumbs

Visit site
Nice work. I love drone footage. We have a clip of us motoring up towards the Orwell Brudge. I would get one but I know it would end up in the river.....:rolleyes:

I have several Drones (too many to be honest) and I can assure you if you get the right one they are incredibly easy to fly. If you first practice in an open area you will have it mastered in no time.

The one that is the lowest Price and best value for money is the DJI Mini 2 (cost about £550 for the flymore combo). This is Sub 250 g so is somewhat future proof re the recent and pending drone laws. (Dont get the Mini 1 it is a much poorer machine). Despite being very light is very good on the wind. Many of my videos are filmed on the Mini 2. More here including the wind test I did on the Mini 2 at Heybridge basin.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR7_YT7tAsh_FwM_q5gOg6Q/videos

If £500 is a 'modest' cost to you I think if you bought one you would be pleased

Dennis

Bigplumbs

Visit site
Almost all the aerial pics in the current (5th) edition of ECP were taken using a DJI Mavic Pro drone.

And if it was indeed the Mavic Pro that is one of the oldest DJI drones there is. Since that drone there have been about 10 newer ones in various categories

Cantata

Visit site
No 'if' about it, it was Mavic Pro. And it's still a great drone provided it's been looked after. Granted the sub-250g drones give more freedom in tight spots.

Bigplumbs

Visit site
No 'if' about it, it was Mavic Pro. And it's still a great drone provided it's been looked after. Granted the sub-250g drones give more freedom in tight spots.

So you are not rushing out with £2550 in your hand to buy the Mavic 3 then ;)

Bigplumbs

Visit site
And of course you will get insurance when you get this drone plus you will
  • take the test to get a flyer ID
  • register for an operator ID
  • in accordance with the current UK regulations
  • BMFA Drone info

None of that is at all difficult and if you become a BMFA member you have the Insurance which you don't actually need to be legal.

Or like many you could of course just wing it and wait for the Drone Police to chase after you

Daydream believer

Visit site
None of that is at all difficult and if you become a BMFA member you have the Insurance which you don't actually need to be legal.

Or like many you could of course just wing it and wait for the Drone Police to chase after you
Point, I wanted to raise awareness to those considering flying a drone. many do not have a clue & never would.
As for insurance I doubt many would even bother- until it was too late

Bigplumbs

Visit site
Point, I wanted to raise awareness to those considering flying a drone. many do not have a clue & never would.
As for insurance I doubt many would even bother- until it was too late

Like many things not knowing is very often a very good place to be.

I completely stopped watching and reading the so called news 2 years ago and am way happier. Nothing but misery and hyped bad news