Small twenty foot ish all weather sailing boats any names?

Birdseye

Visit site
Funny - not a single suggestion for a French boat...!

First 21.1, First 25 etc
Ecume de Mer
Kelt

It wasn't by accident that Bénéteau and Jeanneau became the world's largest boat builders.
No - it was by state support rather like Bavaria - and non tarriff barriers. You'll be telling us next that Renault survived on merit at a time when they made even BL look upmarket and reliable.
The French fight their corner and fight to win. Good for them.

Topcat47

Visit site
Don't ignore the Seal 22. Look out for "Shrimpy" (the book) it's a great read and you'll see that almost anything has great potential.

convex

N/A
Visit site
Can you define what you mean by "all weather"?

I think the topic's devolved pretty much to just a "good boat" thread.

When you write, "all weather", I think of being able to sit out if not a storm then, at least, a full on gale and rain. A lot of the boats mentioned are going to require a lot of fixing up to face that. Therefore, attributes I'd be looking for are stuff like; properly sealing hatches, well drained or open cockpits, high bridgedecks, separate/sealed engine compartments, good ability at heaving to, good ratios etc.

Others might argue a goodly sized doghouse to keep you sailing while it gets wet (in which case, you're pretty much stuck with a Colvic Watson).

All or any of those within 20' with good sailing, and especially headroom, is going to be a hard call, so where is your compromise point?

I would not be ashamed to have a Colvic Watson,. You'll find its "Boaty McBoatface" looks will draw attention and make you friends faster than something worth 10 times as much. The 23 will give you a lot more room though.

convex

N/A
Visit site
Can we recoup back to the original question, as it's something I'm interested in too?

Does the original poster also have a specific use or budget in mind? Is self-built out?

Various Trekka 20s have also done much bravery journeys than I'd even consider, although, in fairness, those that have were generally beefed up builds.