Seeking regular crew along the Medway

UK-WOOZY

Visit site
ubable to edit my post for some reason.

wanted to add, i have no qualifications myself and new to the marina and locks, if anyone wants to crew for me and has sailing and yacht skippering under their belt, that would be very beneficial to me, so I'll provide the boat you provide the skills ;)

james_h143

Visit site
I wouldnt mind crewing, i'm very new to it too though to be honest. i have done the RYA start yachting course but thats about it

UK-WOOZY

Visit site
A bit about me.

I am 47 year old, feeling 90.

Sailed since i was a teenager at Danson lake and chichesterfor about 9 years sailing Toppers, Wayfarers and Enterprise dinghies. Left after breaking an arm and got into mountain biking after then broke my arm again (yes im accident prone) Didnt go back to Danson as the club had gone and was council ran so didnt get back into sailing until in 2010 I joined Erith yacht club and did the RYA dingy sailing level 1 and 2 course as well as seamanship then got myself a small 18ft Sadler Seawych which i had for 2 years ish, then got an Intro 22 mini tonner yacht and had that for 6 years and then got myself the current boat which is a 1988 jeanneau sundream 28 which i did up a lot over 1 and a half years from the end of 2017. I then moved it to Chatham Marina in early Dec 2021 after it had some repairs at Gillingham Marina.

My boat is a non smoking area, i like to have the occasional social drink. People that come out with me are welcome to take the helm which is Tiller not wheel steered and I am happy to do the genoa sheets and winches or serve up the drinks and food.

The Marina lock is still something i am getting used to.

My boat is looking a bit tatty still waiting for a new spray hood and dodgers I ordered.

The cockpit seat teak is looking shabby so aim to replace one day with synthetic teak but funds for me are limited. I have a new engine to shaft coupling to put on too as the old one came loose but "should" be useable still and will need to get the boat lifted to change it but no time for that ATM.

james_h143

Visit site
james_h143@ymail.com for me

I am 29 years old. have spent the last few years watching youtube vlogs on sailing wishing i could get into it. i bit the bullet last year and did a weekend with my dad at a sailing school that took us out into the Thames Estuary over the SS Montgomery and then back into the swale spending the night on the river in Queensborough. That is the full extent of my sailing experience.

I'm looking to get some more experience sailing as crew before ultimately taking the plunge and getting my own boat, but that's a way off yet.

I don't smoke. i try not to drink too much, but sometimes fail in that endeavour

Last edited: