Scuttlebutt Cherbourg Cruise 2011

Sailfree

Visit site
I would like to firm up on numbers so could you please (if its not already listed alongside your name) the total number on your boat. See post #2 in this thread which I intend to keep editing as I receive further info.

If you initially expressed an interest but cannot now make it could you please let me know.

We need to advise the YC on approx numbers for evening meal.

Thanks

Angele

Visit site
If you initially expressed an interest but cannot now make it could you please let me know.

Sorry, Sailfree. Please strike Angele off the list. I have received the three line whip from SWMBO that I am required elsewhere that weekend.

Totally gutted. Was looking forward to it. Although I am now sailing the previous weekend, it won't be the same. Not only will I not have the chance to meet more forumites, I will also be missing out on the opportunity to replenish my stocks of calvados. :(

Ah well, there is always next year. :)

Talulah

Visit site
Talulah - 1
I have been subcontracted to do a X-Channel to Cherbourg for another sailing school.
Onboard will be some producers from BBC, ITV, Sky.
I hope to escape whilst they go off and do their thing or all 5 of them may tag along to the yacht club.

Tribute

Visit site
May be able to attend this year, was good fun last year. I may sail a 17 foot bathtub over or ask some friends if they are going and join them, or "drive" 20 foot stinkboat over.. will check the weather and finances and see what I can do.

DJE

www.casl.uk.com
Sorry folks but we're falling by the wayside. Too much work around at the moment and as we had a lot of time off for the Brittany trip we've got to make hay while the sun shines. Can you take us off the list please.

Sans Bateau

Visit site
Sorry folks but we're falling by the wayside. Too much work around at the moment and as we had a lot of time off for the Brittany trip we've got to make hay while the sun shines. Can you take us off the list please.

Thats a shame, we need to catch up!

Talbot

Visit site
Is there going to be a number we can text if plans have to change due to weather or other factors to let the organisers know what we are doing?

Sailfree

Visit site
Is there going to be a number we can text if plans have to change due to weather or other factors to let the organisers know what we are doing?

I will e mail a spreadsheet next week (early) with my contact details.

I also request that everyone confirms attendance either at the afternoon boat/pontoon gathering or by contacting me.

Sailfree

Visit site
Yc dinner numbers

Still got 6 boats that have put their names down but not confirmed numbers - see list in post #2.

Could you please let me know if your intended numbers change.

Fergus has booked for 60 (maximum for YC would be 70).

Obviously weather may be a big factor but we rely on the goodwill of the YC to cater for the number that turn up so I would like to make the best effort to keep them regularly informed.

Final headcount will be on the Saturday afternoon at the boat/pontoon gathering so please check in with me. If you are running late please text me. My mobile number will be on the spreadsheet I send out (no change in last 25yrs although mobile phone was the size of a double brick then!!).

Providing I get my act together I will bring blank labels and marker pens and encourage everyone to wear their forum name. This does encourage everone to mix and approach total strangers.

Any suggestions for an afternoon venue instead of pontoon if its raining?? At present YC seems the best option.

If I am slurring my words then please accept my appologies for my speech impediment unfortunately talking total rubbish also accompanies the speech impediment (for those that know me thats more rubbish than normal!)

Last edited: