Raymarine Support Forum - Get lost if you're not from the US !

d4raffy

Visit site
Was really pleased to see the Raymarine support Forum http://raymarine.ning.com.
Have used it a couple of times in the past for looking up advice and asking questions.
Good responses from RM Support and other helpful users ... a great addition from FLIR.

Not anymore - Posted a question - because i am registered from the UK - it was deleted and i was told it is now only for US customers only !
Really !! - great move Raymarine !!

and i quote ....

Underway - Raymarine, US has sent you a message on Raymarine Technical Forum
Subject: Forum

'While all Raymarine customers and prospective customers are invited to search the Raymarine US Technical Support Community's Forum for information about Raymarine products, customers and prospective customers located outside of North/Central/South America and the Caribbean Sea should seek support through your local Raymarine office .... '

Not quite the 'community' i had hoped !

Sans Bateau

Visit site
Seeing that the OP is based in Malta perhaps someone could isolate a senior RM member of staff at SIBS and give him a good talking to. I'd be more than happy to myself, would love it, but I will not be able to get to SIBS this.

FullCircle

Visit site
Seeing that the OP is based in Malta perhaps someone could isolate a senior RM member of staff at SIBS and give him a good talking to. I'd be more than happy to myself, would love it, but I will not be able to get to SIBS this.

Me Sir, I'll do it.

Rassum Fassum, Grrrr. Just practising.

Birdseye

Visit site
Was really pleased to see the Raymarine support Forum http://raymarine.ning.com.
Have used it a couple of times in the past for looking up advice and asking questions.
Good responses from RM Support and other helpful users ... a great addition from FLIR.

Not anymore - Posted a question - because i am registered from the UK - it was deleted and i was told it is now only for US customers only !
Really !! - great move Raymarine !!

and i quote ....

Underway - Raymarine, US has sent you a message on Raymarine Technical Forum
Subject: Forum

'While all Raymarine customers and prospective customers are invited to search the Raymarine US Technical Support Community's Forum for information about Raymarine products, customers and prospective customers located outside of North/Central/South America and the Caribbean Sea should seek support through your local Raymarine office .... '

Not quite the 'community' i had hoped !

Well it is an American company and you are an alien.

Talulah

Visit site
My understanding is the Raymarine forum was set-up by 'Underway' using his own initiative. It is not a 'Raymarine' forum. The forum has grown and is now taking up too much of the moderators time.