New boat!

Mr Googler

Visit site
So .....I’m back in the fold

my priority list for my next boat was something I could tow and store ashore. My use on the Isle of Man is sporadic and I didn’t want something left in the water slowly fizzing away. Having had shaft and outdrive boats I fancied outboard. I nice single engine fuel efficient boat around 8m sounded just the ticket!

BruceK posted a picture of his boat on the forum a few weeks back and in the background was a nice looking tub.

I have therefore purchased a 10m, 550hp 25 degree dead rise weapon.....but it is on a trailer? (that I can’t tow on the road legally but we’ll ignore that?)

D2DE41E3-EE30-47F4-8380-5C320B3BA641.jpeg0422B62E-2CDB-43C1-AF3A-D170CD74016E.jpegFBB32D3F-A0F3-44AD-A0C5-828D5DCB44B9.jpeg

I can’t thank @BruceK enough for all his help. He spent 4 hours today sat in his car waiting for the transporter to arrive, being my eyes and ears and generally being a top chap. @Kawasaki sea trailed so huge thanks to him too....if anything breaks it’s all his fault.

the plan is a colour change (hate the red), name change and a few other bits. If anyone is interested, I will post my progress. Doing a dual screen android tablet based nav / ais / engine data WiFi bluetooth setup costing sub £500 for example.

Nice to be back on the water.....or the land whenever I want!

Last edited:

LBRodders

Visit site
So .....I’m back in the fold

my priority list for my next boat was something I could tow and store ashore. My use on the Isle of Man is sporadic and I didn’t want something left in the water slowly fizzing away. Having had shaft and outdrive boats I fancied outboard. I nice single engine fuel efficient boat around 8m sounded just the ticket!

BruceK posted a picture of his boat on the forum a few weeks back and in the background was a nice looking tub.

I have therefore purchased a 10m, 550hp 25 degree dead rise weapon.....but it is on a trailer? (that I can’t tow on the road legally but we’ll ignore that?)

View attachment 113114View attachment 113115View attachment 113116

I can’t thank @BruceK enough for all his help. He spent 4 hours today sat in his car waiting for the transporter to arrive, being my eyes and ears and generally being a top chap. @Kawasaki sea trailed so huge thanks to him too....if anything breaks it’s all his fault.

the plan is a colour change (hate the red), name change and a few other bits. If anyone is interested, I will post my progress. Doing a dual screen android tablet based nav / ais / engine data WiFi bluetooth setup costing sub £500 for example.

Nice to be back on the water.....or the land whenever I want!

Fantastic - it certainly is a weapon! Welcome to the Mercury club!

I look forward to the pictures, updates and thread on changing the anchor :p :LOL:

Flyingspanner

Visit site
Fantastic - looks great, are you planning on a wrap to change colour or painting ? and I will be interested in your thoughts on the twin 225 setup and fuel usage ??

Portofino

Visit site
Learning ......Hull ( dead rise ) followed by engines next .............the rest of the boat can work around those two .Tell me about it ? :) .

Should be good and very enjoyable welcome to the high dead-rise club .

Read on “ hull the whole truth “ This boat is 24.5 , mines 23 in 14 M hull and 4.2 beam for reference folks .

Nito

Visit site
Congrats, that looks very nice and interesting. The live bait tank (I presume) looks the nuts!

The engines look like beasts! A tub with outboards, doesn't really get lower maintenance than that! Are you a keen fisher?

Enjoy,
Nito

Dino

Visit site
Congrats. Looks like a lovely machine. You’ll need to start watching this YouTube Channel https://youtube.com/user/FLSportsman
Their Project Dreamboat series will give you great ideals but might be hard on the wallet. They use some very cool kit like the big Glass Bridge MFD’s, Taco Marine nav lights hidden in the rub rail, etc.

vas

Visit site
looks good Farsco,
glad you'll change the colour and name!
so you haven't actually set your eyes on the boat yet?

you wont regret getting Bruce and Kawa involved! both of them helped immensely when I wanted to buy an el.piano for my son somewhere in the depths of Wales, driving in the snow and mud (or so they told me :p ) to get there, packing it carefully and shipping it to Greece.

congrats to all involved!
let us know what you're planning to do with electronics, may be able to help a bit on that front!

cheers

V.

vas

Visit site
ah, and three Qs
why 4 holes above w/l on the stbrd side (and two more further front)?
what's the perpex lid on the transom? bait tank or something?
is there a loo under/infront of the centre console thing?

V.

edit: FFS an open array, why??? I was about to comment on adding a solar panel on the "lid"

Dino

Visit site
The Americans are big into deck scuppers to drain the deck so that’s probably why they have holes at that height.

ah, and three Qs

V.

edit: FFS an open array, why??? I was about to comment on adding a solar panel on the "lid"

Reactions: vas

vas

Visit site
you're right, thought transom door was "open" but with the protrusion of the engine bearing bit (how would you call that?) makes it easy to flood if so.

Mr Googler

Visit site
ah, and three Qs

V.

thanks everyone for the comments!

no idea on all drains however....there are live bait wells and sea water pumps to keep all the fish I’ll never catch alive.

there is indeed an electric loo

radar is going (doesn’t work) and yes...solar panels is on the list!

Mercury do a Bluetooth plug and play module with an app for engine data, history and faults so that’s easy. Already bought 2 x 10” tablets in built GPS but will also install a quark A026 for GPS/AIS source. The console display is a powered up or down affair and always in shade so screens are never in direct sunlight....should work well ?

£85 each.......

15A7922F-92AD-4CD1-85BC-D8A7BF9BE3F8.jpeg5E800936-3F75-41FD-A7D7-F507CB1AED4C.jpeg

Mr Googler

Visit site
Fantastic - looks great, are you planning on a wrap to change colour or painting ? and I will be interested in your thoughts on the twin 225 setup and fuel usage ??
Looked at wrapping but it’s a 45 knot boat and they where not sure it would hang on. I’m going to paint. Been watching YouTube videos endlessly. No option to spray so roll or roll and tip it will be. Final stage will be wet sand, buff, polish and wax.

going for RAL Grey Black as per this yacht

BFAEBDA0-7797-4D15-B0FD-5B65CCE15D75.jpeg
Rubbish photo shop
C0C980E1-E3EA-4098-846A-1C63DE63F649.jpeg