INEOS AC 2-0

kingfisher

Visit site
I find that blokes grinding is ridiculous . What skill do you need for that ?

Clearly skills you and I dont have or we would be on that boat.

Off the top of my head
- the physical skill to output that power
- the skill to network so you can get a spot in one of the world's top sports teams
- the skill to work in a team of top performers
- the skill to chose the right career path to work your way up

and loads of other skills

Take any cv from any of the grinders. We don't even come close to their skill level.

Daydream believer

Visit site
the physical skill to output that power
- the skill to network so you can get a spot in one of the world's top sports teams
- the skill to work in a team of top performers
- the skill to chose the right career path to work your way up
and loads of other skills
Take any cv from any of the grinders. We don't even come close to their skill level.
I bet there are a few business owners on this forum who have shown exactly those skills ( apart from the physical bit of winding handles) but in their own particular field. & could not get by if they only won 7 out of 20 races. They have to win them all - every day- to stay in business using their OWN money

flaming

Visit site
Leaving starting to one side seems in all AC racing so far that each boat will excel in certain wind bands so it's all lottery. As said starting is paramount if you are inferior wind speed. I find that blokes grinding is ridiculous . What skill do you need for that ?
I don't think any of them are just grinding, they havee other responsibilities such as flight control or jib trim or something else to do with sailing these things that we can only guess at.

Bobc

Visit site
Leaving starting to one side seems in all AC racing so far that each boat will excel in certain wind bands so it's all lottery. As said starting is paramount if you are inferior wind speed. I find that blokes grinding is ridiculous . What skill do you need for that ?
Maybe you should watch this and find out.

Walther

Visit site
Spoiler alert.

The better helmsmen won.
Fixed. ?

It would have helped Ben a lot if he had spent a 12 months racing a Moth. His Finn experience wouldn’t count for much
True.

Better yet, he should have been replaced outright by someone with prior racing experience in Moths (or pretty much anything other than Finns). He simply added no value.

Daydream believer

Visit site
Better yet, he should have been replaced outright by someone with prior racing experience in Moths (or pretty much anything other than Finns). He simply added no value.
On the contrary without him there would not have been a team. Do you honestly think there would have been anyone willing to fork out £150m if Benny boy had NOT been pulling the strings

Bobc

Visit site
Fixed. ?

True.

What a ridiculous thing to say.

Snowgoose-1

Visit site
Maybe you should watch this and find out.

Thanx. I understand a bit better now.it s just weird with the march of tech to see one man with a console pushing buttons and joystick controlling a sail and others have to wind up clocks. Don't think I will fully understand yacht racing at this level but it is still great sight .:):)