Hailing "We Are Racing", in the Solent

Chiara’s slave

Visit site
The shoutiest man in our fleet sails with a lady. Not the ladies fault at all, the chap does it all on his own account. He reserves most of his ire for those that overtake them, but I can’t see him keeping his cool with cruisers. He's a keen protestor too. And once shouted at me for not announcing our intention to stand on as starboard tack boat. This, knowing he’d pointed at us. I could name names, he’s quite famous.

Robin

Visit site
The shoutiest man in our fleet sails with a lady. Not the ladies fault at all, the chap does it all on his own account. He reserves most of his ire for those that overtake them, but I can’t see him keeping his cool with cruisers. He's a keen protestor too. And once shouted at me for not announcing our intention to stand on as starboard tack boat. This, knowing he’d pointed at us. I could name names, he’s quite famous.
Don't you KNOW who I am!! out of my way I say..:ROFLMAO:

Does he win any protests with that tactic?

Sailing steve

Visit site
Whilst a little common sense and courtesy is never a bad thing there can't be any acceptable situation where an individuals needs and wants permits the more entitled amongst us to subvert the collision regulations by bellowing at anybody who gets in their way.

If I was the stand on vessel but gave way to anybody yelling at me and if doing so subsequently caused me to became involved with an collision between myself and a third boat , who quite rightly would have been expecting me to stand on then not only would I have spoilled somebody else's day it would also make for an extremely difficult conversation with my insurance company.