Good Day to you my Friends

RTremblaire

Visit site
I have not posted here for some time as I have been otherwise engaged and away from my beloved country.
For friends I have not yet met - allow me to introduce myself. I am Lieutenant Rene Tremblaire retired of the French Navy and I consider myself at your service.

My old friend M.Claymore has recently being in touch and has recounted to me the kind words and felicitations that you passed on when my name was mentioned. It is an honour to re-aquaint myself with you.

Life has been challenging over the past 2 years or so since I was last here. Somethings do not hover, mercifully change. I am still the proud owner of my barque - the beautiful Surcouf and only one hour ago I was with her in the harbour - taking a coffee and relaxing in the warmth of the Breton sunshine.
Unfortunately Madame Surcouf is no longer with me. She had been suffering with her nerves for some time and sought solace with a member of the medical profession - one Alphonse Dufour. Whilst I was away from home she took off with this Dufour and I understand them to be living in St Lunaire - near St Malo. I suppose we have to bow to the inevitable from time to time - I see no need to be sad - we had a good life together from the early 1950's and now I am adjusted to a new way.
I am a man used to his own company and do not dread time alone - the years of service in the navy brought me inner strenth and calm and so it is no great hardship. Only last evening, whilst I was taking a pastis with my friends, Guillaume and Henri - we were discussing these things. Henri had a similar experience some time ago and now lives the life of your Mr Riley - particularly on the Thursdays when his pretty young lady from the social welfare comes to attend to him. There is always a spring in his step after theses visits.
For myself - I am content to spend much time alone but there must be something which the girls find attractive about a silver-haired man sitting in a contented manner in the cockpit of his boat - for often they make their introductions and this I find keeps me occupied.
My friends - I hope it is not so long until I write to you again - I bid you good day
Felicitations
Rene.

RTremblaire

Visit site
Alas, my friend - the years have taken the toll of me and now I do not remember so well. Indeed you are correct to point out the error of my way - Madame Tremblair it is who is gone with this Dufour of the medical profession. Fortunately - my beautiful mistress the barque Surcouf remains with me.
Apologies of course - I am in your debt.
Felicitations
Rene

Vulcan

Visit site
Madame Surcouf is here holidaying on the Med avec sa medecin! He is un medecin de plastique, malheuresement elle n'est pas un pretty sight maintenant.

longjohnsadler

Visit site
It's distressing, but since his last visit Rene has become a bit confused and now seems a few boules short of a game of petanque.
Er, but don't tell him I said that.

RTremblaire

Visit site
My Good Friend M.Claymore has told me that you are a man of literary intents with a wife too pretty for you.

Indeed you writing is not without wit but I am sadened that you choose to riducule the natural degenerations which comes with age - and of course the wonderful French game of boules.

longjohnsadler

Visit site
I apologise. My comments were completely out of order - and I thought you were probably asleep anyway.
However, at the risk of seeming to close the stable porte apres the old mare has bolted, perhaps Madame Tremblaire would not have run off with this Dufour if you had thought to fit an eberspacher and perhaps a new cooker to your barque?

claymore

Visit site
Its not like me to upbraid anyone around here for unkind or unseemly comments and M.Tremblaire is, I am sure capable of defending himself. I do however find your remarks a tad disrespectful towards my old friend Rene and implore you to tone them down at tad - hands across the Manche and all that.

jhr

jamesrichardsonconsultants.co.uk
Dear Rene,

Mr Sadler is, alas, a barbarian from a savage Western Island and does not understand the degree of skill required to group your balls close to the cochonnet. Ignore his hibernian ranting and focus your thoughts on the silken embrace of the surging seas. In the words of another Gallic sea-dog, Phillippe Fairelepipe: "it is not the age of the instrument that matters, but the quality of the hornpipe that is blown upon it".

Do you ever pass the evening reminiscing about old Breton lays? One is particularly fond of poetry in France, as I recall.

longjohnsadler

Visit site
I fear our M. Tremblaire may not be all he seems - there are no Tremblaires listed in French naval archives. There are however long, unexplained absences, and the Gallic fringes are noted for sedition, disaffection and even terrorism.
Rumour has it that M. Tremblaire has several of these 'Breton plotters' on board his barque, but that's only hearsay.

jimi

Visit site
hawheehaw ma cher Renee avec les gros ti tees .. j'ai ete resolee mon bark est tres mal uand ma grip avec les dents.

Avec les aged mariners goatee beardee tu est une giant de statue gros mais admirable.

Le

longjohnsadler

Visit site
Actually - at some risk to my eyesight - I've been googling all night and the nearest I can come up with is an elderly masseuse 'Mimi' Surcouf (nee Tremblaire) and in Brest's Rue des Matelots who charges just 10 Francs...

jimi

Visit site
goodbye to you my froggy friend
we've been drinking since half past ten
and now its time to go to bed
Think I'll go for a kebab instead

claymore

Visit site
Hello Rene
I trust you are well - as you can see, the usual rabble are still here and just as disrespectful as ever. I've sent personal messages to all of them in an attempt to improve their manners but to little avail I am sorry.
I was sorry to read about Madame Tremblaire - you had been together a long time and I enjoyed the evenings the 3 of us spent together in 2002. That seems a long time ago now - glad to hear that Surcouf is still being looked after by your good self, she is a beautiful boat and Dear Heart and I would love to come over and sail on her again