Gel Coat

runner911

Visit site
I currently run a 2006 Merry Fisher 655 .
Back in the Summer, whilst coming alongside my berth , I misjudged in consequence of which I scratched the port side .
Not deep , but about 18 inches long .
The boat is now out of the water for the winter and I would like to repair the scratch with gel coat .
I have the build sheet for the boat which quotes the hull number , but nowhere can I find the RAL number for the colour which is cream .
Jeanneau agents are unable to assist as they state that the company no longer sells gel coat for a boat of that age ( 15 years ) .
Can anyone advise me please where I can obtain a gel coat repair kit of the correct colour using the hull number only ?
Many Thanks ,
Tony

petem

www.fairlineownersclub.com
Been there
Even if you could get the RAL number your colour would have faded to a different colour. The guys who do this for a living are (generally) amazing at colour matching and invisible mending. Throw some money at it
I agree. Professional gelcoat repairs are rarely expensive and if done properly should be invisible.

ShaneAtSea

Visit site
I currently run a 2006 Merry Fisher 655 .
Back in the Summer, whilst coming alongside my berth , I misjudged in consequence of which I scratched the port side .
Not deep , but about 18 inches long .
The boat is now out of the water for the winter and I would like to repair the scratch with gel coat .
I have the build sheet for the boat which quotes the hull number , but nowhere can I find the RAL number for the colour which is cream .
Jeanneau agents are unable to assist as they state that the company no longer sells gel coat for a boat of that age ( 15 years ) .
Can anyone advise me please where I can obtain a gel coat repair kit of the correct colour using the hull number only ?
Many Thanks ,
Tony

You could try using a mobile phone app like Colour Harmony that uses your phone camera to take a picture then it gives you the RAL number

That might work

(y)

Fishtigua

Visit site
I have done hundreds of gel repairs and can get really close, if not perfect, colour matches. I used to be the gel finisher at Aqua Star, so had a knack of getting blues of any age damn close, some hulls are different shades on either side due to sunlight on one side of the mooring.

Get a Pro in, will save you a lot of heartache in the long run.

harvey38

Visit site
I have done hundreds of gel repairs and can get really close, if not perfect, colour matches. I used to be the gel finisher at Aqua Star, so had a knack of getting blues of any age damn close, some hulls are different shades on either side due to sunlight on one side of the mooring.

Get a Pro in, will save you a lot of heartache in the long run.
Shame you don't get over to RAMSGATE as we have a few battle scars we inherited from the previous owner ?