Freudian slip in intro to Classic Boat article on Morning Cloud II

cpedw

Visit site
In the good old days when Edinburgh had pubs, there was a pub in Morningside called the Hermitage. A new owner revamped it and renamed it "Morning Glory". There was an outcry but ( it being Morningside) nobody spelled out why the name was unacceptable. After a few years, the name reverted to Hermitage and the revamping deteriorated.

I suppose it's now shut down along with all the other pubs in the area.

Derek - glad to be in Argyll where pubs are available for outdoor drinking so we won't get demetia Could cold water hold a clue to a dementia cure?

JumbleDuck

Visit site
In the good old days when Edinburgh had pubs, there was a pub in Morningside called the Hermitage. A new owner revamped it and renamed it "Morning Glory". There was an outcry but ( it being Morningside) nobody spelled out why the name was unacceptable. After a few years, the name reverted to Hermitage and the revamping deteriorated.

It was done up a few years ago as the "Hermitage Bar", a not-too-pretentious gastropub. My other half and I eat there most Wednesdays - in happier times - while the crew does a class nearby.