Forum Dive cruise with Blue Angel

BartW

www.amptec.be
after having anounced this idea in the BA rebuild thread, and had some positive reactions, decided to make this new thread;

these mates are candidate;

On Blue Angel:
- Rafiki
- Longjohnsilver
- Scubaman
- Mitch
- rlw
- Harry25
- Divemaster
- Pinnacle
- MapisM
- Gemini
- AndieMac ;-)

On Match
- Red Dot Bay Babes
- DTIM
- Firefly
- Virtuvas

BYO 1
- EME

BYO 2
- Jimmy The Builder

there is a diver in schotland and Italy who deserve a place aswell ;)
or any other brave mate on here.
hold on, we are almost at the maximum number of beds in BA,
unless I decide to do some extra rebuilding :)

give me some time to compose this plan,
will come up with a proposal for dates later,
thinking of a long weekend / short week, end september /beginning october
will be difficult to find a date that suits all, so I'll decide myself

date for the dive cruise is fixed now;
from saturday 29 september 2012, until 6 october 2012

Last edited:

BartW

www.amptec.be
Still I may have a bit of blue water relief in April as we’re towing the RIB to the SoF for a 10 day break on the Giens peninsula, Hyères, in the Var region

I’d be happy to give any non divers an introductory “try dive” in a nice shallow lagoon. It’s never to late to learn, the oldest I’ve taught so far is 63!

hey Mich, good stuff,
make sure you find and note some good and shallow dive spots in april,
also around Porcerolles,
you're in the area where I'm planning to go,
departure from Toulon

jfm

Visit site
hold on, we are almost at the maximum number of beds in BA,
If you're doing Porquerolles area I could tag along with Match (to be known as the "floating dormitory") to provide extra bedrooms :). I dive and have gear but I'm not experienced and wouldn't fancy anything more serious than playing at 15-20m max, which means most SofF dive sites dont appeal to me, and I'd slow you hardcore guys down. I'll just sit on my aft deck and make myself useful drinking gin, nibbling blinis, chatting to red-dot-bay babes, putting forum cruise movies on Youtube/forum in real time, and the rest of the time I'll take it easy :)

AndieMac

Visit site
Just a thought Bart...

What if you made it into a couple/few day trips to take the pressure of sleeping arrangements on the boat and increase the crew numbers.

Are there suitable locations close to Toulon?

There may be other boats in the SoF who may wish to join in as well?

BartW

www.amptec.be
If you're doing Porquerolles area I could tag along with Match (to be known as the "floating dormitory") to provide extra bedrooms :). I dive and have gear but I'm not experienced and wouldn't fancy anything more serious than playing at 15-20m max, which means most SofF dive sites dont appeal to me, and I'd slow you hardcore guys down. I'll just sit on my aft deck and make myself useful drinking gin, nibbling blinis, chatting to red-dot-bay babes, putting forum cruise movies on Youtube/forum in real time, and the rest of the time I'll take it easy :)

I was thinking to invite the Antibes gang to take care of the surface surveillance and bring some red dot bay babes. Thats arranged then.

Moreover we don't need any dive lights anymore, sufficient UW lights on the boat(s)

good !

Pinnacle

Visit site
I dive and have gear but I'm not experienced and wouldn't fancy anything more serious than playing at 15-20m max, which means most SofF dive sites dont appeal to me, and I'd slow you hardcore guys down.

That sounds exactly like my level of experience/comfort! ( PADI Open Water )

Could I please be added as a definite maybe, subject to dates/work etc?

mitchc

Visit site
hey Mich, good stuff,
make sure you find and note some good and shallow dive spots in april,
also around Porcerolles,
you're in the area where I'm planning to go,
departure from Toulon

Wow I'm getting excited already!

I'll make sure I get some good marks...both deeper walls and shallow pretty stuff for photos!

That sounds exactly like my level of experience/comfort! ( PADI Open Water )

Another offer:
If anyone wants to do any diving courses (PADI only at the moment, but maybe BSAC by September) including the deep diver/nitrox/night specialities let me know so I can bring the course notes/presentations etc.
All it cost you is the certification costs....

MapisM

Visit site
there is a diver in schotland and Italy who deserve a place aswell
hup.... would that be me ?? :D ... if so, please put me down as a definetly maybe .... data & project work may affect availability..., but if I do ... I'll bring a bottle...
LOL, I guess I must be the other one!
Definitely interested, on the same basis as Alf... Including the bottle (or three).

Provided that the awful flu which got me stuck in bed in the last days won't kill me before, that is.
Apropos, is it me, or is flu particularly bad this year? :(

MapisM

Visit site
If anyone wants to do any diving courses (PADI only at the moment, but maybe BSAC by September) including the deep diver/nitrox/night specialities
I already made deep and night, and I'd be willing to give nitrox a try.
But wouldn't it be tricky to refill tanks onboard?

mitchc

Visit site
Nitrox diving

The nitrox course is mainly a theory course nowadays.
PADI took the Diving element out of it a few years ago.
The advantage of nitrox is that it lets you stay longer at your chosen depth by removing some if the nitrogen you breath.
I could possibly do some blends on board but would have to tie up with a local dive school to get a tank of pure O2.
Any way we could still do the course using simulated nitrox (ie air) and I still like to do some dives using it to make sure the student gets the theory when diving!
I'll bring my books and manuals etc so if you want to give it a go we can

Sent from iPhone so excuse any typos. I'll check the reply from home later

BartW

www.amptec.be
I could possibly do some blends on board but would have to tie up with a local dive school to get a tank of pure O2.

I can bring a 50l tank of O2, (which I have to do anyway with so many divers onboard) and I can even bring my self made continious nitrox mix system (at compressor air input), but I rather prefer to avoid that hassle, and join JFM with inspecting the bay babes :)

AndieMac

Visit site
Provided that the awful flu which got me stuck in bed in the last days won't kill me before, that is.
Apropos, is it me, or is flu particularly bad this year? :(

Our wives call it the Man-Flu :rolleyes: :)

Get yourself onto a daily high dose Echinacea tablet (5000 mg) to build the immune system M, works wonders!

Last edited: