Forum Dive cruise On Blue Angel october 2013

BartW

www.amptec.be
Some might remember the interesting adventure we had in October last year,
http://www.ybw.com/forums/showthread.php?304800-Forum-Dive-cruise-with-Blue-Angel
While doing many upgrades for the divers on the boat, I thought it’s the right time to announce for another forum dive cruise.
I had a few “pre” registrations from forum mates, and now registration is open for anybody on the forum.
Preference goes to “divers”, or a couple with at least one diver. We have space for max 10 guests.
Interesting dive spots are fairly “deep” in the SOF, 30m or more, but the diving is no obsession.
Non divers can apply, but will be on the “spare” list for a while.
Just like last year, we will share the expenses, and each has to take care of cooking one day, and cleaning at the end.
I’ll provide tanks and weights, and some backup gear, no suits nor fins..
This year the cruise will most probably start from Antibes port Vauban,
Dates: from Sunday 29 september 2013 until Sunday 6 october.
chase boats are welcome, to entertain the bay babes :)

alt

Visit site
VERYYYY tempting Bart mate.

What kind of temps? Too warm for a dry suit? I'm used to diving in 5 degrees!!

alt

Visit site
I have an old 5/3 wetsuit that'd be more appropriate for the Med I guess :D

From what I remember from pics, seafood is pretty much staple diet on-board Blue Angel; i'm practically allergic (OK that's a lie I just can't stand the stuff) so best give this one a miss :D

jimmy_the_builder

Visit site
If you're starting from PV then we'll definitely be around to say hi and depending on your itinerary we might well be one of the chase fleet.

Cheers
Jimmy

scubaman

Visit site
Hi Bart,

Just to confirm my pre-registration, change to which you kindly offered to me due to missing out last year, count me in. Naturally I'll be happy to do my share of the domestic duties, but I'm afraid a word of warning is in order as cookery is not one of the skills people associate me with. Furthermore, there is some truth in the criticism that has been presented about Finnish cuisine, so please be gentle. However, I'll promise to put in my best effort and maybe even sneak in a piece of reindeer in my dive bag :)

jfm

Visit site
If you're starting from PV then we'll definitely be around to say hi and depending on your itinerary we might well be one of the chase fleet.

Cheers
Jimmy
+1. Also have the big 28 foot Capelli Rib/Yammie 300 as a chase boat/dive support boat, though we would need a driver off the forum for it cos I can't drive 2 boats at once (could rig a remote I suppose:D)

alt

Visit site
+1. Also have the big 28 foot Capelli Rib/Yammie 300 as a chase boat/dive support boat, though we would need a driver off the forum for it cos I can't drive 2 boats at once (could rig a remote I suppose:D)

... making me want to go more and more now!

rafiki_

Visit site

JFM, its just possible that I could be your remote if I can shuffle some dates. Currently due to be in Brazil at this time, but dates are not fully firmed at this stage. I'll know in a few weeks.

MapisM

Visit site
That's great news indeed, and not just as chase/dive boat, but also for some proper deep water start - double boots monoski! :cool:
Just let me know if you already have one around - if not, I'll blow the dust off mine!
Oh, and more than glad also to drive her whenever necessary, of course.
Just curious though, have you ever tried towing her (at D speed, of course)?

jfm

Visit site
Just curious though, have you ever tried towing her (at D speed, of course)?

Haha MapisM :D. The Capelli (of which I bought a 1/3rd share in MRC's syndicate - you may remeber the thread a while ago) only arrived in Antibes a couple of weeks ago (JtB and MRC thread about driving in the snow) and the one weekend I could have taken her out had heavy rain and big seas. So I have not even been out on her yet, let alone towed her. Also, what exactly have I got to tow her with? :)

I think she would tow fine at 12kts, so long as there is a good towline attachment, which I need to check. Otherwise we would need a full time forum captain volunteer to drive her. Or just leave her at home - the FDC fleet might be quite big anyway :)

MapisM

Visit site
Haha MapisM :D. The Capelli (of which I bought a 1/3rd share in MRC's syndicate - you may remeber the thread a while ago) only arrived in Antibes a couple of weeks ago (JtB and MRC thread about driving in the snow) and the one weekend I could have taken her out had heavy rain and big seas. So I have not even been out on her yet, let alone towed her. Also, what exactly have I got to tow her with? :)
LOL, that's a very good point indeed.
Obviously, my mind refused to even consider the idea of a boatless jfm... :D

Also, while I did remember the MRC syndicate, I must have missed (or forgot) the snow driving thread, so I wasn't aware of his recent arrival.

Anyway, re. towing, I would think that she should have a couple of decent bow cleats.
And if so, I'd use a line attached to both jointly (rather than to the U-bolt alone).

scubaman

Visit site
...Otherwise we would need a full time forum captain volunteer to drive her...

I'm sure there'll be no problems in finding one :) I'm only too happy to step in if needed, of course...

I'll pack my camera gear with me. Good opportunity to catch some shots with a fleet like this.

MapisM

Visit site
Thanks JTB, I did miss the thread for some reason. An epic trip indeed, congrats!
It reminded me of a very similar one I made back in '09, together with the previous owner of the Fountain which I bought in the UK, and a friend of his.
Southampton - Lake Como, no stop other than for sandwiches and fuel.
We left S'hampton around noon, and arrived at 2pm of the following day.
I thought it was quite an achievement, till I saw those two chaps jumping back on their truck for another non-stop trip back, just minutes after unloading myself and the boat... :eek:
Here we were, while queing on our way to Mont-Blanc tunnel entrance:
Chamonix2_zps47df78e0.jpg:original

PS: with apologies to B for the O/T...