Folkboat?

jamie N

Visit site
I've the same, but could've done with the trailer! Out of interest though, do you have any details that I might be able to pass on to someone who may develop an interest?

jon711

Visit site
East German built too, the best variant by far imo, looks in reasonable nick as far as one can see from the pics. Love the" vintage petrol engine" bit, at least it would be useful as a mooring weight.:rolleyes:

Yeah looks good, just needs to have the keel bolts replaced with something other than S/S. As the advert says they have just been replaced, I wonder what other bits have been replaced with incorrect materials....

Jon

jamie N

Visit site
View attachment 43028

'Stakkr' alongside at Inverness Marina.
A very easy purchase conducted in the 'right' manner. Due to time constraints, I've not completed the small amount of work to get the engine going yet, and she did leak a bit at first, as would be expected after being dry for such a period, but this is becoming much slower.
Trying to work on her isn't funny as she attracts conversation from folks all of the time, which is nice, but really does slow the small work down. It's a fairly unanimous opinion that 'most passers by' have that they'd love one, but wouldn't be able to cope with the amount of work required and so on...!
I'm not sure if this makes me out to be a prat or not, but not having not even sailed her yet, she has inflated my ego! :eek:

jamie N

Visit site
The Folkboat went to a very happy owner, and lived happily ever after!
CjkCojkW0AAHWxv (1).jpg
She's currently alongside my house, revelling in the summer weather, and due to be launched next Easter. She's done a stack of miles since I bought her, Shetland, Orkney, Fair Isle and Western Isles a number of times, and has been lavished with expensive care, so my wife tells me on a daily basis.
I'm so 'into' the boat and doing the last few 'must do's' on her, which is the way that (I believe) a wooden boat grabs you. It's the thought that unless 'you' do it, it won't get done and the boat will rot and die; buy into it, or get something that requires fewer hours.
With the picture of the 'Irish Folkboat on IoW', gawd only know's what it is, but it's not a Folkboat!