Build Quality of AWB's

Sans Bateau

Visit site
Re: HR - mainstream??

Stork_III
You tell us nothing in your bio, if you are an HR owner, then of course you will notice them. Also if you have a HR on your 'must own one day' list then again you will always be looking out for them. But there is no escaping the fact that they are a white and blue boat, nearly every boat is white with blue dodgers/sprayhood.

But I do not dispute that they are good boats though, dont missunderstand me.

Rob_Webb

Visit site
Re: Build Quality of AWB\'s

Elan 31 (sent via PM as well).

31main.jpg

pvb

Visit site

[ QUOTE ]
We get the impression that average "Mr Euro" drives a Merc and sails an HR. Something to do with standard of living?

[/ QUOTE ]No, it's something to do with a more sophisticated understanding of value, rather than an obsession with price.

Koeketiene

www.sailblogs.com
Continent & disposable income

Not so.

When we lived on the continent we had less cash in hand every month (mainly due to taxation) yet we were relatively richer.
Here we have more cash in hand every month yet have found that our money buys us less. (rip off Britain)

To ''survive" we make our money here & spend it on the continent.
Yanita's refit cost us 1/3 of the cheapest UK quote.

It may be a purely personal view, but I've found workmanship/quality on the continent to be of a higher standard and more often than not cheaper than the UK.

Sans Bateau

Visit site
Re: Continent & disposable income

[ QUOTE ]
I 've found workmanship/quality on the continent to be of a higher standard and more often than not cheaper than the UK

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure if French builders know about this! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Koeketiene

www.sailblogs.com

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I 've found workmanship/quality on the continent to be of a higher standard and more often than not cheaper than the UK

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Talking about boats here /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif - and don't have first hand experience of French boatbuilders /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

moondancer

www.wisereach.co.uk

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What about the quality of some Germanic builders?? /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Stork_III

Visit site

My post to Photodog below gives it away. HR31 late 95, commisioned Spring 97. HR37 next.

PS my bio used to list my boat and location? - where's it gone?

Stork_III

Visit site

I agree HRs are more plentiful in Holland (Zeeland at least). But what about satisfaction. Alistin gfrom YBW boats for sail, >2000, for Holland gives HR = 12, Bavaria 71, For UK HR 10, Bavaria 86. Unlimited age is closer, about 2:1 ratio, but is that because HR built longer? or haven't sunk.

Stork_III

Visit site

Few HRs ever have spray dodgers, the windscreen takes care of that. Even fewer HRs have blue spray hoods, beige or pale grey depending on model.