? NHS Covid Passport. ??

BurnitBlue

Visit site
They were injected with the vaccine, not the virus. The researchers just waited to see who would naturally catch the virus and whether they would get it severely.

But recently groups of young people have been deliberately infected to understand infection and treatments better.
Good to get practical knowledge from someone with the experience to curb the imagination of the layman. I was thinking of scientists injecting themselves like Jeckle and Hyde surrounded by glass tubes of bubbling liquids. Still, someone had to be first to test the vaccine. I thouught they counted the deaths in both groups of vaccine or placebo to determine efficacy. Maybe when this is over we will get a movie to explain everything.

Last edited:

BurnitBlue

Visit site
I am in the EU and surfing the airlines. Just waiting for the EU certificate promised for late June before booking. Wow short notice bookings are about three times more expensive and that method will be normal this year. Too risky to book a cheaper flight for a few month away because situations are still volatile.

billskip

Visit site
Good to get practical knowledge from someone with the experience to curb the imagination of the layman. I was thinking of scientists injecting themselves like Jeckle and Hyde surrounded by glass tubes of bubbling liquids. Still, someone had to be first to test the vaccine. I thouught they counted the deaths in both groups of vaccine or placebo to determine efficacy. Maybe when this is over we will get a movie to explain everything.
There's a big mountain of a man with green skin, his trousers and shirt are obviously to small........

AndersG

Visit site
I am in the EU and surfing the airlines. Just waiting for the EU certificate promised for late June before booking. Wow short notice bookings are about three times more expensive and that method will be normal this year. Too risky to book a cheaper flight for a few month away because situations are still volatile.
Airlines like BA still have book with confidence where you get a voucher if you want to cancel.

bendyone

Visit site
I have never met anyone who has been on a trial or double blind test. How do you know you did not get the placebo? I suppose you had to be told sometime. How did it feel to be unsure wherher you had just been vaccinated or not. It must have affected your everyday life for a month or two. Interesting.
I seem to recall reading that they weren't blind trials and everyone got the shots.
Definitely not - half were placebos or the vaccines’ effectiveness could not have been proved so therefore could not have passed the regulation.

I had 2 doses of either the covid vaccine or a fake vaccine back in June/July last year. In my age group of 80 people 60 had the real thing. Over the first few months I had many blood tests and then 1 at 6 months, I get a final blood test at 12 months. I also do a weekly PCR test.
Up to the time when I was offered a Vaccine on the NHS ( based on age ) I was totally blinded, this was then changed so if I had had the placebo I could be vaccinated by the NHS system. It turned out I had 2 doses of the real thing.
At first I did wonder if I was protected but as time went by life just carried on. It was nice to be tested each week, knowing you hadnt got it was good. The trail team offered plenty of support. I would do it again if invited.