? NHS Covid Passport. ??

nortada

Visit site
Doubt that the Immigration officers would want to rely on an easily photoshopped JPEG.

The Covid Passport for flying is a QR Code, the NHS app doesn't do this yet.

So won't be able to read it.

My solution. Have a Portuguese issued e-covid passport + hard copy. Then loaded, electronically, to the NHS App. Screen shot of NHS upload + hard copy.

Think that this should cover most eventualities but all well become clearer as the Covid hoards arrive at Faro - not a good place to be today!

bendyone

Visit site
I had both shots as part of the Oxford trial last year. They do not show up on the app ( Covid 19 vaccine section) but they do show on the list of my immunisations in the app. I have raised a question but at the moment they cannot "side load" them in the correct section.

nortada

Visit site
The data provided by the NHS app (not the app itself) was updated at some stage yesterday. There is now a QR code and also the option to download a pdf copy of your vaccine data.

Dawn of vaccine passports: EU set to let in UK tourists with two jabs.

Well this hurdle to international travel appears to have been cleared.

Active cases in the Algarve (with a resident population of about half a million) currently stands at 343 and has stayed about this figure for the past few weeks; total deaths stand at 355 and there has been little increase of late.

All 55 year olds and over are being invited to have their first jab, with the single does Johnson vaccine increasingly used. To date, across Portugal, 31% have received their first vaccination and nearly 14% are fully vaccinated.

It will be interesting to see the infection level stands over the next few weeks and what the UK/Portugal will do if/when the level starts to rise?

Last edited:

Shaddickp

Visit site
I notice that the QR code version of the vaccine cert as seen actually within the NHS App has an expiry date of 1 month from when you ask for it. So best request it a few days before travelling. I also downloaded the PDF version which does not show an expiry date, but I would guess it is the same QR code and hence have the same expiry date.

syvictoria

Visit site
I notice that the QR code version of the vaccine cert as seen actually within the NHS App has an expiry date of 1 month from when you ask for it. So best request it a few days before travelling. I also downloaded the PDF version which does not show an expiry date, but I would guess it is the same QR code and hence have the same expiry date.

My pdf cert includes the same expiry date as the app (under DOB).

Visit site
It doesn't, it gives holders more freedom just as it has always done. Vaccination certificates for various diseases are the norm for many countries.

Hi, I understand you say it gives the "holder more freedom" But I think the point the user is saying, is if someone doesn't have it, they are restricted. i.e. lets say either the person can't be vaccinated, or believes they do not want the medicine for whatever reason which they have the right to do. So it is a restriction in a way.

I'm just starting out my sailing experience, I'm wondering you say "certificates are the norm for many countries", which countries are these exactly? I have never had to provide any kind of medical/ drug certificate on my global travels before. So I'm interested in what these many countries are? It's a serious question, that I'm interested in the answer.

BurnitBlue

Visit site
I had both shots as part of the Oxford trial last year. They do not show up on the app ( Covid 19 vaccine section) but they do show on the list of my immunisations in the app. I have raised a question but at the moment they cannot "side load" them in the correct section.
I have never met anyone who has been on a trial or double blind test. How do you know you did not get the placebo? I suppose you had to be told sometime. How did it feel to be unsure wherher you had just been vaccinated or not. It must have affected your everyday life for a month or two. Interesting.

BurnitBlue

Visit site
I seem to recall reading that they weren't blind trials and everyone got the shots.
OK thanks. I wonder if I would have the courage to sit still while someone in a moon suit injected me with a virus. Much respect. I thank very deeply those volanteers who paved the way to safe vaccine for the rest of us.

RupertW

Visit site
OK thanks. I wonder if I would have the courage to sit still while someone in a moon suit injected me with a virus. Much respect. I thank very deeply those volanteers who paved the way to safe vaccine for the rest of us.
They were injected with the vaccine, not the virus. The researchers just waited to see who would naturally catch the virus and whether they would get it severely.

But recently groups of young people have been deliberately infected to understand infection and treatments better.

Graham376

Boat on Mooring off Faro, Home near Abergele
Visit site