Zero tolerance

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimhollamby

www.kimhollamby.com
I've removed the threads posted about Happy1 and by Happy1 regarding membership of MBC and activities on it. Frankly life is too short.

There should be room enough for everyone on here but for everyones' sanity can we please keep the factual question threads free of thread drift and only answered by people that are interested in the subject and actually know something about the subject. It's my call whether something is relevant or not. When I agreed to leave MBC all in one big place that was the deal I did with members at the time and it's gone awry in recent times.

The quality of the forum is not about the quantity of the posts. Please think before you click submit.

If you feel that you are being beaten up on the forum the deal is PM me and do not attempt to start the MBC liberation front -- I take a very dim view of that.

We are running these forums for a broad audience and by and large we are successful at that. Keeping them on an even keel is high priority. If I see any further sign of trouble this week I won't wait for a UN resolution.

<hr width=100% size=1>

BarryH

Visit site
You should have locked this thread or you'll get a load of jibberish ramblings......like this one!!!

<hr width=100% size=1>
captain.gif

Renegade_Master

Visit site
MBC Kim ? whats that I missed that (serious)

<hr width=100% size=1><A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.suncoastmarine.co.uk>Sun Coast Sea School & Charter</A>

byron

RIP
Visit site
<font color=blue>I'm a good boy I am I don't get involved in altercations, on the other hand it could be because I am a coward too.

<hr width=100% size=1>http://www.alexander-advertising.co.uk

DavidJ

home in Brum. S37 sold, was in Med Spain.
Visit site
Kim
Totally agree
I've felt more and more disinterested in the forum recently and analysing my reasons its because I'm not learning. Not because I know it all (I wish!) but because of 'thread drift' which clouds useful factual input. The problem is, in my boredom I have contributed to 'thread drift'
David

<hr width=100% size=1>

Happy1

N/A
Visit site
Thank you

<hr width=100% size=1><font color=purple> "You only see what you recognise, and you only recognise what you know" <font color=purple>

Renegade_Master

Visit site
The forums "out of season" I suppose not tales of daring deeds cos lost of boast not being used (cept mineof course) One thing about the person question at least he stimulated lots of action, it was getting a bit quiet.

By the way Kim Fridays trip across Estuary bound for Harwich, sea state smooth no wind, pushed on to Lowestoft cos we'ed made such good going, (the old girl clocked 19kts with a bit of tidal push) I real pleasure even coming into Lowestoft in the dark.

<hr width=100% size=1><A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.suncoastmarine.co.uk>Sun Coast Sea School & Charter</A>

kimhollamby

www.kimhollamby.com
To which I add...

...I've just removed another silly attempt to outguess whether someone is posting under a dual ID (they were not, so all that happened was a newcomer was abused and an existing user got wound up).

Next person to do this goes in the sin bin for 24 hours...I've had enough.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Forbsie

Visit site
I'm always aware that the top threads appear on the home pages of the respective magazine websites. These will be read by the many who do not enter a forum and have no interest in their vagaries and foibles. It is our duty, as contributers to YBW to consider whether the post is appropriate prior to posting. This is one reason that I wish I could delete posts made after Lights Out that I subsequently decide in the light of day are somewhat inappropriate.

YBW is a font of knowledge, probably unsurpassed anywhere in the world. This would not be possible without the participation of the forum members, both regular and new. I don't know about anyone else, but I am always really pleased to see a detailed and informative reply coming from a 'New User' and this must always be encouraged. It is also an outlet for some superb humour and camaraderie and it's great to see ancient jokes belying the youthful exuberance of the participants.

I have an anecdote about a free lunch that I have just decided is inappropriate here but have to say that 'There is no such thing as a free lunch!' YBW is here thanks to AOL, IPC and the huge amount of work done by Kim and his team. Their dedication to our pleasure, in my mind, is outstanding. Not only do they moderate these boards better than any I have ever seen, but they do it at all times of day or night to ensure that the addicts among us get our regular fix. Kim, in particular, gets the butt end of a lot of the banter but I'm also saddenned that Paul Lomax has posted less since the 'White Type' nonsense of last year. I can only remember the boards being unavailable for an hour or so during one outage in the year that I have been a member. I doubt if many members' companies could say the same of their systems.

There are loads of posts that I choose not to read, whether they are not particularly about my type of boating or they have degenerated into childish bickering. The rest of the posts still keep me busy for the rest of the day and frequently past midnight. I thoroughly enjoy each forum and would hate to lose them either from the OFF switch being operated at IPC or by them being taken over by an arguing rabble.

Rant over and I'm going down the boat. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

<hr width=100% size=1><A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.arweb.co.uk/argallery/forbsie?&page=1>My Project</A>

byron

RIP
Visit site
<font color=blue>Generous with the words too... for an Aberdonian /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

<hr width=100% size=1>http://www.alexander-advertising.co.uk

jon_bailey

www.cerberusstorage.co.uk
Kim

Totally agreed also.

For an occassional visitor it can be a real struggle (and turn off) to have to sift through such a large amount of rubbish to get to the interesting bits, of which there are many.

I fell that there is a danger that the forum will disintegrate unless it is manged in such a way as to benefit the majority.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Mangusta

N/A
Visit site
Thank you for stating this. We had not even made a posting before suffering an onslaught on here.

If you are considering changing the format and having different section, could there possibly be a private forum for the girls?

<hr width=100% size=1>

claymore

Visit site
Mangusta

I thought this was a girlie forum. tee hee hee
Sorry Mangusta
Sorry Kim

<hr width=100% size=1>regards
Claymore
/forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.