YouTube channels to watch

Visit site
Interesting that no one's mentioned Uma.

I found them very interesting at the beginning, but less so as time went on and they seemed to become less "this is how we do it" and more clickbaity "aren't we cool"

Not yottie, but anything with Ton Scott is worth a look.
Uma were ok, but have to agree lost the plot in some ways and" look at me I have issues" videos

jac

Visit site
Alex Goes Sailing is quite good. One young guy on a couple of different trailer sailers mainly on the south coast. Just bought a 28ft trimaran in a bit of state but only about 3 videos into that boat.

Also enjoy Sailing Melody. Family with now 2 boats they are doing up. Is very boat repair heavy but they have good standards in mind

Last edited:

Arcady

Visit site
+1 for Alluring Arctic. Juho captures great drone footage. NBJS is OK, as is Bushpoint, both for cruising in northern latitudes. I used to follow Ryan & Sophie, but rather feel they’ve lost focus recently: perhaps when they adopted a child-substitute dog.

Geoff A

Visit site
Newfound Sailing
(We are two brothers from Dildo, Newfoundland & Labrador, Canada. Neither of us had any experience sailing, but always wanted to try. During the summer of 2021 I bought a small, dilapidated sailboat. After completing some extensive repairs, we took her sailing. We were hooked almost instantly. Since that time we've both bought bigger sailboats and we're probably not done yet. This channel is about our experiences buying sailboats, refurbishing sailboats, and of course sailing sailboats.)
I have copied and pasted the above from their site. This is a newish channel with only 20 videos posted. With 462 subscribers found them amusing and entertaining.

Last edited:

Minerva

Visit site
Newfound Sailing
(We are two brothers from Dildo, Newfoundland & Labrador, Canada. Neither of us had any experience sailing, but always wanted to try. During the summer of 2021 I bought a small, dilapidated sailboat. After completing some extensive repairs, we took her sailing. We were hooked almost instantly. Since that time we've both bought bigger sailboats and we're probably not done yet. This channel is about our experiences buying sailboats, refurbishing sailboats, and of course sailing sailboats.)
I have copied and pasted the above from their site. This is a newish channel with only 20 videos posted. With 462 subscribers found them amusing and entertaining.
from where?! 😳

ylop

Visit site
Another new channel is A group of young Lads sailing a Camper and Nicholson 38. ( OutsideYourZone) Give them a chance, they may grow on you.
I have watched i think three episodes (because there was something curiously intriguing about their style). I can report they don’t grow on you. You grow tired of them quickly because they lack any meaningful storyline.

Ribtecer

Visit site
Another new channel is A group of young Lads sailing a Camper and Nicholson 38. ( OutsideYourZone) Give them a chance, they may grow on you.
I think they're great, so good to see young lads doing something fun and outdoorsy with their time. They're very respectful to others and their environment as they learn their way. Good on 'em.

Another channel on similar lines is "The Boat Boys" https://www.youtube.com/@theboatboys_uk

Another bunch of mates sailing an old Nicholson 32 around the world, so far they've made the Canaries.

Fabulous to see young chaps taking advantage of their new found freedoms. God knows how they pay for it, but if watching their youtube channels helps, then that's great too.

We as a family watch them both, and it's seldom that we all enjoy the same TV viewing these days.

Far winds lads...

Geoff Wode

Visit site
Sailing Millennial Falcon?
The Sailing Frenchman?
Roger Barnes?

I still look forward to episodes of the Sampson Boat Co.

The Bumbling Sailor?

Minerva

Visit site
'Teulu Tribe'
I remember a goodly number of folk on this forum thinking they wouldn’t make it across the channel, yet there they are in Panama about to cross the pacific.

Quite incredible what they’ve achieved so far.