Your Yacht Transport experiences

MBY editor

Visit site
I've done Southampton to Med as deck cargo 4 times = 2 x Sq58, 2x Sq78. Usual suspects = Peters+May, Sevenstar, PSP. Several years ago though.

Nothing very eventful to report really. Chocks distorted the first boat a bit so I've insisted on cradles ever since. Craning on/off is scary for the owner but generally very competently done. Diverting of ship to pick up late cargo bookings, requiring loading+unloading of your boat mid passage (without telling you!) was the biggest annoyance in my experience.

Very boring, long, low res, watching-paint-dry video here :)
Appreciate it's a little while ago now but would still be good to get a couple of high res pics and a few details about your most recent one if you still have them.

Megs20Burt!

Visit site
Hello All,
We are researching an article on yacht transportation and thought it might be helpful to include a few first hand experiences from people who have had their boats moved within the last few years, either within the UK or overseas.
Ideally we are looking for one example of each of the three main methods: shipping, delivery crew and road haulage. Just requires a few minutes on the phone or via email with one of our writers.
Anyone happy to share their experiences?
Thanks
Hugo (MBY editor)
Just had our boat road transported from the River Trent to Brixham, happy to participate if required.

NC11

Visit site
I'm currently undergoing the process from Barcelona to Wicklow in Ireland. Hopefully complete within the next two weeks.