You know what?

zoidberg

Visit site
I've formed the opinion, after several forays into a fresh bottle of Merlot Syrah, that there's a smidgen more humour around on these pages than formerly.
Or am I deceiving myself....? :)

Neeves

Visit site
Humour takes many forms and those forms are accepted, or not, by different people.

Humour at the expense of, specific, individuals .... lacks humour to me. Humour at your own expense - brownie points.

Humour based on skills with words or phrases remembered - worthy of acknowledgement

I have noted some skill of which I am envious, maybe you are correct (and being accepted as correct would be a nice intermediate milestone.....:) )

Jonathan

Bristolfashion

Visit site
Humour at the expense of, specific, individuals .... lacks humour to me. Humour at your own expense - brownie points.
Oh, I don't know, if people put their head above the parapet by being outrageous, making crazy statements, entering public life, and so on, a bit of humour aimed at them can deflate the pompous or preposterous - or be gently & affectionately funny.

The excellent "Dead Ringers" on R4, which is humour based on impersonation, is a great example.