You guys experience much fouling this year?

fredrussell

Visit site
I ask as I ran my boat up the Strand (Orwell) yesterday to give her a scrape and there was virtually nothing to remove. A bit of ‘slime’ weed, the odd barnacle. Boat was antifouled July (Hempel Tiger Extra)
I realise many won’t have done a full season this year, but I’d be interested to know how others have found the fouling levels.

Frayed Knot

Visit site
Far worse than last year with supposedly the same a/f although I think the recipe must have been altered from previous year’s brew which performed quite well. Visible weed growth within a couple of weeks of very late launch & heavily fouled by late September :(
( Hempel Classic & boat on Deben)

PaulRainbow

Visit site
Not been lifted yet, but i can see the rudder and under the stern clearly, looking pretty clean, nothing growing around the water line. Anti-fouled June 2019 with Tiger Extra. Pretty much the same as last time, Tiger Extra lasted 2 years.

morgandlm

Visit site
I ask as I ran my boat up the Strand (Orwell) yesterday to give her a scrape and there was virtually nothing to remove. A bit of ‘slime’ weed, the odd barnacle. Boat was antifouled July (Hempel Tiger Extra)
I realise many won’t have done a full season this year, but I’d be interested to know how others have found the fouling levels.
Much less fouling than previous years although was in the water about 3 weeks less than usual. I plan to apply just a little A/F around the water line and get her back in when able in 2021.
David Morgan

Pye_End

Visit site
Didn't come out at all this year and so running on antifoul from last June. Usually by about May/June she is ready for a lift, sometimes to the point of being unusable.

Not this year. Had a quick dive round the prop in July but surprisingly foul free. Haven't run 2 years on a coat of antifoul for many a year.

MoodySabre

Visit site
I came out for a summer scrub in August having been in the water for 13 months. Very little besides slime on the coppercoat, ditto on the af keel and almost no barnacles on the prop. Given the warm spring I was surprised. Changed the anode and back in for another year.