Yotties are rich, cyclists are poor

Twister_Ken

'ang on a mo, I'll just take some bearings
Visit site
So if you can think of anything you want on your boat that cyclists also use, buy it from a cycle retailer (they don't have the ambition to run a Bentley and live in Monaco.)

Grins with warm, smug feeling at just having acquired some good-value Norwegian thermal kit from www.mikedyason.co.uk.

(Now one of you guys will go and ruin it all by telling me I could have bought them more cheaply from some dodgy online chandler)

tcm

Visit site
motorbikies too

they do rather fab "underhelmet balaclavas" for a fiver, lovely and cosy, not the horrid knitted things. Also, motorbike shops sell electric trousers! And gloves! yes, they have little heating elements and you plug it in to 12v. I haven't tried these, but am secretly very keen to do so.

sailbadthesinner

Visit site
Re: motorbikies too

a guy at my last place
all year round biker swore by them said they were brill and replaced the heat that leeched out of you on long journeys

This isn't an office, its hell with strip lighting

Gunfleet

Visit site

I have these for motorcycling not sailing. The trouble is the trousers are actually chaps, like cowboys wear and it's the other side of your legs that get coldest on a boat. Also you can get a heated waistcoat. That works fine. The gloves are awkward ditto socks. They're not really designed with moving around in mind. The point about riding a bike is that you don't often leave it while actually riding. Oh, and you would have to spend your time tied to the boat with 12v cable and you'd be relying on running the engine all the time. Apart from that, they're dead convenient. Haven't put you off have I?
John

Bergman

Visit site

Deeply concerned over concept of electric trousers.

Consequences of short circuit do not bear thinking about. Outcome of being taken short even worse.

This could give "flashing" a whole new meaning.

OK if you like being in the hot seat

But what does a man with huge boat in Med, megawatts of central heating and air conditioning want with electric trousers?

Is this a Wallace and Grommet thing? - or worse

We need to be told

webcraft

www.bluemoment.com
True . . .

You never hear of cyclists buying a folding yacht to carry around with them . . .

<font color=blue>Nick</font color=blue>
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.bluemoment.com>
bluemoment.gif
</A>

claymore

Visit site
Re: Camp shops

Do you mean like Milletts and Blacks of Greenock and Peters Army and Navy stores? I never realised Earls Court was such a popular place for camping. Can you still get those dixies that empty your breakfast into the campfire when you burn yourself on the hinged handle?

regards
Claymore

JeremyF

Visit site
Re: Camp shops

"Earls Court", "Camp", "Cruising" ....what are you suggesting, Ken?

<font color=red>Jeremy Flynn/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif
Dawn Chorus</font color=red>

stubate

Visit site

chaps !!!
ive been motorbiking for 40 yrs and the only chaps ive seen have been on the films in the odeon on a sat morn, and that was 40 yrs ago as well !!

Gunfleet

Visit site

Then you have been motorbiking 5 years longer than me but I think I have you beat for eyesight. What do you think all those grizzly macho types on Harleys wear? Chaps. They are chock a block with one sided troos. Equally though I am no half-trousered moustachioed Harley person, my heated trousers have fronts but no backs - unless I have simply been diddled out of half a trouser. They have little velcro straps that go around the backs of your legs and they are chaps. If you find a pair of full arsed heated trousers, you let me know, because I would like a pair.

tcm

Visit site
electric trousers

doesn't say if they stock these in "full arsed" size but anyway...
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.motorcycle-uk.com/giali/Gialiheatedclothing.html>http://www.motorcycle-uk.com/giali/Gialiheatedclothing.html</A>