YM's favourite pubs

RivalRedwing

Visit site
Re: YM\'s favourite pubs

Likewise the Butt & Oyster at Pin Mill, always featured but very over-rated (at least when I was last there); still, this sort of advert keeps people away from the less well-known gems.

Fascadale

Visit site

Interesting

Are you seriously suggesting that there is not one decent pub between East Anglia and half way down the West Coast ? ( going anti clockwise)

ThereAndBack

Visit site

[ QUOTE ]
YM has scoured the country

[/ QUOTE ]
YM has scoured a bit of the country, leaving most of it unscoured.
And, there is more than one country involved here. /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Sailfree

Visit site

If you are going to include pubs that fail to impress - then at least you are being comprehensive - I suggest you include a rating system that covers quality/cost/menu variety.

jimi

Visit site

I also suspect that YM's scouring was either a Google search or a trade listing, there's a fair bit of complete shite there

Richard Shead

Slipped Anchor
Visit site

I do Dan dont worry I like the Master Builders, The Jolly Sailor and all the other commercial ones..oh and that one on the East Coast

BrendanS

Visit site

I don't think you'd get many votes for the Master Builder, thought the Folly is excellent, even if not everyones cup of tea on a Friday night! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I have been to some of them, though as ever, personal opinions vary hugely

Richard Shead

Slipped Anchor
Visit site

Joking aside I dont think I have actually been to a bad pub on the East Coast but then again I have only been about 6 times in my life..

As with most pubs nowadays many of them are being taken over by large chains and serving shite food..

And thinking about it long and hard I think I have only ever been to the Mill, the jolly sailor and the master builders as well as the George!

[2068]

Visit site

Master Builders was hopeless 3 years ago, and last season: still hopeless.
They manage fine with the drinks, but abandon hope ye who attempte to ordere foode.

ChrisE

www.simpleisgood.com

Well I'll vote for the Master Builder, it WAS crap three years ago plus but recent visits have been OK. Food delivered on time, beer in good nick. Last time I said this I also added that it could be because I'm a nice kind of person who gets good service wherever he goes ,whereas the average, penny pinching, miserable yotty gets the service he deserves /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif