Yet another which boat thread (Small Trailer Sailer)

andyb28

Visit site
I just realised I never came back to update my original thread. My apologies!
It's always an exciting time looking at different boats and what might be a good fit for your needs.

In the end, I got a Hunter Horizon 23. I had ruled it out due to the offset outboard, but then I couldn't believe my luck, a Horizon 23 came up for sale nearby with a 1GM10 Diesel Inboard. The boat needs a lot of cleaning as it's sat for two years unused, but I have been very happy doing jobs on her.
I am very pleased, as mentioned by the other Horizon owners on here, its a fantastic layout for 23'

StevieD

Visit site
Brilliant choice - my first bigger boat as well after going through the same decision process. I towed it a few hundred miles when purchasing, and back and forth at the start and end of the season with my van. Apart from the outboard setup (which you don't have to worry about) and reversing I really enjoyed it. Currently doing a bit of light refurb before putting it up for sale, as I've gone bigger with the associated extra costs. I've a Sonata mainsail on mine so yes same or very similar rig size albeit with the furling self tacking or genoa setup. Enjoy it.